We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim card in Sanur

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Sim card in Sanur

Any suggestions where in Sanur to get a sim card that gives good texts and call rates to Australia?

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim card in Sanur

Go to the phone counter on the 3rd floor at Hardies and get a Simpati sim card. There is a code you use for cheaper international calls and SMS. I will have to post the code for you tomorrow as I am posting this on my iPhone while in bed and my notes are on my computer. Simpati is now the only carrier in Bali that offers the cheaper call and SMS option. The staff at the counter will help set it all up in your mobile for you.

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim card in Sanur

Dial 01017 before the country code for cheaper calls ans SMS. To check credit dial *888#.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim card in Sanur

I always but a Simpati sim card & have used the phone counter on the ground floor & to the left as you enter Hardy's. The girls are really helpful & will fit the sim & set it up for you. They also gave me the prefix number to use for calling the UK at a cheaper rate.

Victoria
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sim card in Sanur

Does anybody know the rates of using this code vs not using it?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sim card in Sanur

Thanks for the help will check out Hardies only 10 sleeps to go so excited

6. Re: Sim card in Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 05:17