We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My one thousandth post!!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
My one thousandth post!!

I've been a member since 2005 when I have something to say you can't keep me quite;) But wow, it's taken me a long time to reach this milestone post !!

Here it is, my one thousandth post.....

I'm taking a long time to finish my blog from our last trip and to tell you the truth I'm pretty much over it! But I am determine to do it:)

I have finally finished the Ubud section, so now there is only Sanur and I'm done!!

Here's the link to the finished Ubud page, hopefully my blog will encourage people to explore a little more and help people plan their trips. I love looking at travel blogs, I actually found the Alam hotels many years ago from a picture on a blog, at the time I thought it was a gamble to stay there:)

On the Ubud page there are lots of photos of the rice field walk. It was gorgeous and well worth the effort.

holidaywithpictures.blogspot.com/p/ubud.html

Riley's Birthday was on Tuesday and I gave him the watch . He was amazed how someone who knows nothing about him would go to all that trouble:)

Riley said he didn't think he would ever see a watch like it again, and that it's really special.

I say to ilab and everyone who gave such wonderful responses to my original post "Thank you so much" not just for the watch but for the gift of showing my kids how people can reach out and touch each other, that the world isn't full of terrorists and that people do still care about each other.

(The original watch post... tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k420… )

Cheers Deb.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Congratulations! Keep on answering those questions and giving the excellent advice based on your experiences. Remember, it's the quality, not necessarily the quantity of posts that count.

Cheers.

U.K
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Hi Tannalee,

I love reading your bloggs, and have followed the watch story from the start so glad it all turned out ok, and Riley had a great birhtday.

Eve.

perth wa
Level Contributor
247 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My one thousandth post!!

I always enjoy your bloggs and your Ubud Blogg brought back memories of our rice field walks and the fun we had getting lost both times. Never found what we were looking for both times, however, last time we went in a big circle and found the Sari Organic Restaurant- a lovely find even though we walked an hour and a half to get there! I just love the little artist huts along the tracks- such a special way to buy something lovely to bring home. thank you for taking the time to share your memories.

Enjoyed reading about the watch-might have to look for one for my son when we are in Sanur in October.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,211 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Thanks Deb for sharing those moments with us. We were all there with you when you gave that watch to Riley....

Congratulations on reaching 1000 and may there be many more.

and I hope you are feeling better today, as I know you've not been well.

Edited: 26 May 2011, 14:34
perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My one thousandth post!!

I love your rice field pics, so funny how Con found another thong up the track to replace his broken one!! Oh and don't you just love those fireflies! We were really disapointed when we couldn't find any suitable accomodation for Ubud in October........seems the town has gone crazy with visitors after Eat Pray Love!!

Glad Riley loved his watch "All hail ilab!!" I think I've said that once or twice before!!

Congrats on 1000posts, I didn't even realise there was a post count till it was pointed out to me a few months back.

North America
Level Contributor
155 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Thank you for sharing, what a wonderful read. My personal favourite: the panties on the lamp, hahaha

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Congratulations Tannalee! i've just caught up with your Pemuteran blog & your walk in the ricefields of Ubud. Your photos & your descriptive comments transport me to Bali, your sense of humour & your obvious pleasure make me smile! Can hardly wait now for my next trip....

Happy birthday Riley : )

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Thanks for sharing your holiday,your blogs and pictures are amazing.

Congratulations on your 1,000 post well done,keep up the great work.

As for the Watch,it was an amazing story and the fact that Ilab came to the rescue and you were able to suprise Riley on his special day with a very special gift.

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Hi Tannalee,

I am planning my first trip to Bali in a few months time.

Thanks for sharing your blogs and photos, I just love reading them.

C.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My one thousandth post!!

Well done Tannalee, and great blog. It is harder to do the longer you wait. I'm still trying to get some older posts into blog form with photos, but the motivation is not high. I almost need to be bedbound and bored to finish it.