We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Hi all, on this glum Sydney day I am listless & melancholy. I have this constant thought of Bali creep into my mind. I get an excited flutter in my tummy then realise I have nothing to be excited about

: (

We counted down for 7 months last year and it was excruciating (but very exciting at the same time) - now our count down is at least 12 months - arghhhh. I can't even stalk Jeststar for cheap fares!

I try to appease myself by reading this forum, looking into where we would stay next time, looking over the 600 photo's we took back in March but to no avail. I'm just plain sad : (

Everything I do has a Bali reminder - the hotel soap we took in our shower, the flowers on my toe nails that I have managed to preserve, the suitcase in the spare room still stocked with insect repellent, sunscreen & my lonely planet.

How do we all cope between visits?

Oh so blue : (

* sorry I sound so pathetic - I bet I remove this woeful post because of it's depressing tone!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

OMG! Do I sympathise or what! The flaking flowers on my toenails, the semi-unpacked suitcase in the spare room...maybe I'm not so weird!!

My only cure was to book another holiday to Bali and prowl around TA! After all it's so cold here that I can't even show off my suntan or flowery toenails...

Chin up! You're not alone :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Def not alone, been back just over two weeks now. Toe nails still look good but for how long LOl Spare room is a bombsite that I will get around to soon!!

Just done some ironing and loved it when I used the spray stuff i got from Bali to mak ironing easier, makes me want to do the ironing just to smell BALI. Was so so cheap to know what I will be buying more of when I visit next.

Wet and cold here in Hamilton :( How I miss my adopted family and Bali, 2013 can't come quick enough.

So getting on TA gives me my only fix, as I read of all the other exciting trips, SO SO JEALOUS

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Strange how that place has such a great affect on us....we fully understand!

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

for gods sake pull your self to gether and book another holliday a.s.a.p that is what we do kobrob.................

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
802 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

here ... here kobrob, we do the same!

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Ha ha! I can't wait to rebook! I live for the day we can rebook. I'm thinking May 2012 is the earliest possible time we can go due to work & girl starting school. Oh well at least I know we can go again and I suppose it's not really that far away ( 359 days to, 359 daaaayyyyssss!). Still, I really can't wait to go back.

Thanks for the words of sympathy - as always the kind folk on this forum have given me the answer & a giggle : )

Happy Sunday - the sun is shining here in Sydney town.

MonoWilli

Perth
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Been back two weeks and have managed to preserve my toe flowers though the wonderful tan is hidden under layers of clothes. Suitcase is unpacked because it is too painful watching it sit there full of my bali only clothes, mozzie coils and sunscreen. Now only 19 weeks and 3 days to go til the next trip

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

Sun shining here in Hamilton NZ too but still its not Bali, roll on 2013 LOL

Yarrawonga...
Level Contributor
492 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

I am completely on the same page. I have been back for 8 weeks and I just can't stop thinking of Bali. I am searching for cheap airfares and I am hoping to take the family back next Mar/Apr. My manicure is all peeled off, but I still have my pedicure although looking a little worse for wear. I look through my photo's and remember what a great time we had. I hope the airlines have some sales soon so I can book and start my long and slow countdown to my Island paradise.

Mandie_8

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali blues - been back 10 weeks too long

hi there ive been back 12 weeks and it feels like a life time, like you due to commitments its gonna be a while till we get back,,id like to say it gets easier with time but it doesn,t the only thing that keeps me going are my wonderful memories and "TA" forums try not to think about the time frame and focus on the positive, chin up bali will always be there

cheers john