We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Walsall
Level Contributor
143 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar flight Doha to Bali

I know the Qatar airlines flight Doha to bali refuels in Singapore. Does anyone know how long the stop is and if you can get off the plane during this time?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

I flew with Qatar last trip & will be flying with them again in July. It stops in Singapore & you get off the plane. We just had time to visit the butterfly garden & look around some of the shops. I'm not at home but will look at my itinerary later & let you know how long the stopover is. I've also stopped at Kuala Lumpur with Qatar rather then Singapore but we didn't get off the plane there.

Walsall
Level Contributor
143 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Thankyou very much for the prompt reply,

We can now plan accordingy.

From what you say you had time to do i would imagine the stop is about

90mins - 2 hours

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

As far as I remember it's approx 2 hours including security screening. I looked at my itinerary but it didn't give times, just flight times

FROM TO DURATION AIRCRAFT

Doha

(Doha International Arpt)

Singapore

(Changi Intl Arpt)

Terminal 3 7 hours and 50 minutes Boeing 777-300

Singapore

(Changi Intl Arpt)

Terminal 3 Denpasar Bali

(Ngurah Rai Arpt)

2 hours and 30 minutes

Walsall
Level Contributor
143 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Amed

Many thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Why does qatar have a fuel stop in singapore? surely it can fly direct or does it drop off passengers from doha -singapore. i have thought about using qatar before but the 2 stops rather then 1 put me off

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Yes it does. In fact, Qatar also sell seats on the Singapore-Bali leg.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

I would say that there are not enough pax to fill the aircraft 4 times a week from Doha to DPS

It could also be that the timings of the DOH SIN DOH flights leave an aircraft on the ground in SIN for a number of hours - so to increase the utilisation of the aircraft and the lower the cost of parking for hours at SIN - Qatar have chosen to fly a leg to DPS.

They are able under Fifth Freedom to sell seats SIN DPS - and often do at a great price.

So annoying to have a second stop on the way from Europe but SIN is a great choice of a stop

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Very interesting to know that Qatar do a SIN-DPS route....just checked and as our001 said, a very nice return price. Cheers!

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Frankly I see the stop in Singapore as an advantage, you can stretch your legs, have a look around and it breaks the trip before it becomes overwhelming.

It is also your last opportunity to use the facilities of a decent airport before you return home.

There are big plans for the upgrade of Jakarta's airport and it has the opportunity to become a great airport.

CGK is the world's 12th busiest airport (ranked in passenger numbers 2011).

Bali's airport is also undergoing current extensive upgrades, however Indonesia's airports are still clunky utilitarian facilities best endured or avoided.

So a transit in Hong Kong, Bangkok, Taipei, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore is preferable to transiting in Jakarta or Surabaya on the way to Bali. Be cautious of Kuala Lumpur if transferring to Air Asia as the inter-terminal transfer time is drawn out by a long shuttle bus transfer to the LCCT (low cost carrier terminal) on the far side of the airport.

Although it is easy to condemn Jakarta's CGK airport it is actually a safe and quite efficient airport and rates high in worldwide on-time departure rankings.

The program of revitalisation and expansion of CGK's terminals and facilities commenced in August 2012.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 08:05
Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar flight Doha to Bali

Last 2 Qatar flights the transit in Singapore has been less than an hour but as Herc mentioned I really do welcome the chance to stretch my legs