We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay... decisions decisions

Melbourne
Level Contributor
836 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay... decisions decisions

Ok 4 trip to Bali. Stayed a Jayakarta in Legian three times and in a luxury vila in sanurone time (parents were paying). This time we are going for 7 days in first week september. I have recovering from number of medical procedures so this trip I am thinking healthy food, lots of massages and spa treatments, lots of time in the pool (a pool without lots of kids running around and throwing things.. lol) and maybe even thinking of trying so meditation / yoga / relaxation class. My question is do we stay in Legian where we know everyone and where everything is? Do we try Ubud (much closer to hot springs for day trips and has reputation for yoga etc) or do we stay in Sanur where it is quiet... any thoughts on this? Maybe even a retreat / spa type place.We have no kids, don't drink much or go out late. Need comfortable bed, clean bathroom and not too far off the beaten track incase we need to go to doc / hospital. Budet is always an issue. Normally pay about $75 a night, less would be better or aroud there is good to!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

Hi Cowgirl, I love Legian, but if I was on a healing trip I would pick Ubud. I love the Alam Properties for location and for all those homely touches, but they could be out of your range, unless the cheaper ones are available. Greenfields is another good option in Ubud. We stayed just recently in Alam Shanti, in the new house and it was absolutely great. Close to Monkey Forest Road, but in a little quiet village just south.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

Hi,

For peace and quiet you could check The Pearl hotel in Legian but the First week of september could be busy in the south with the domestic tourists invading Bali at the end of the month of Ramadan.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

I would consider Ubud or Sanur.

Both are quieter than Legian.

Both have wonderful food.

Both have a couple of drinking holes.

Both have Yoga (google bali spirit Sanur and Ubud)

Both have massage and spas.

Ubud is probably spa heaven, Sanur is by the beach.

Great doctor in Sanur Dr S P Ari Sudhewa Phone (62 361)225230 24 hour clinic .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

If you chose to stay in Legian the already mentioned Bali Pearl would be perfect. Small boutique hotel with only about 10 rooms. They have a no children under 15 policy which would suit you. There is no restaurant on site but breakfast is included and you are surrounded by eating places anyway. The pool is smallish but lovely, with ample sunbeds and two daybeds. On most days we were the only ones in the pool for any length of time. They also have a spa on site which does massages, facials, pedicures etc.

Kate

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,169 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

Some good suggestions here already. My personal opinion would be to agree with you that Ubud would be a good option if you're looking for relaxation/meditation/yoga and looking to recuperate. Maybe stop down in Pengoseken near Yoga Barn where you can get your classes. Somewhere like Greenfield or Tegal Sari will afford you lovely rice field views and lush green tropical scenery around you which you can almost feel teeming with life.

Your other option is to go for somewhere like Ubud Sari Health Resort, who can offer you a range of health and healing packages (at a price).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

I've just returned from Ubud and stayed at Sahadewa on Pengosaken and a one minute walk to Yoga Barn, KUSH Ayervedic Spa and Zen Bali Spa.

Also across the road and down a bit is what I think, is the best Indonesian food in Ubud at Warung Enak. Though Kafe, Clear and Buddah Bar offer excellent healthy raw food.

I love Bali Spa Botanica's full day treatment with an ayervedic oil massage that induces you into a coma-like sleep.

The mountains, jungles, spirituality and artistic qualities of Ubud make it a very different experience to the beach scene. It has, however, like most of Bali's hot spots, fallen victim to the side-effects popular tourist destinations suffer: crowds; congestion; development. Still such good value and deeply fulfilling.

I had room #107 a Sahadewa which was $AU80 per night low-season inc. breakfast and tax. Normally $140

Melbourne
Level Contributor
836 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

Thank you everyone - maybe the plan should be 3 nights in ubud for relaxation and then back to legain. i will look into Pearl in legain as I have seen lots of good recommendations on this site.

8. Re: Where to stay... decisions decisions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 07:19