We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aston bali

melbourne australia
1 post
Save Topic
aston bali

my husband & i stayed at the aston / nusa dua...fantastic. 4 night package was perfect to escape the craziness of kuta.

highly recommend.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aston bali

Great to know it is still a good hotel - we stayed there 7 years ago and it was wonderful.

Do they still do the huge breakfasts (inc curry!!)?

Sarah

South Wales
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aston bali

My wife and I plan to go this this hotel in September. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and recommend the hotel. Please can you tell us what to expect. Thank you.

Toronto
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aston bali

WE loved Aston Bali...we were there in September 2002 and it was great. The breakfasts are to die for. It's so beautiful sitting outside with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs made to order, Balinese music...the sun....aaahhh...paradise on earth!

The service is great. I love the fact that the lobby has no doors...you can sit in the lobby and feel the frech breeze...walk over to the piano bar/lounge and enjoy more fresh breeze. WE didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel...we had tours included in our package so that's what we were busy with.

The rooms are beautiful...hardwood floors...bathrooms are large and clean. I love the little balcony we had. WE used to sit out there at night...you could hear the lady singing in the lounge...you could see the stars, the moon shimmering off the water...

Staff is friendly, very accomodating...i had to use the doctor's services and they were great...it was about 11pm at night and they were available. WE used to spend a lot of time relaxing in the lounge in the evenings...

Mind you...there isn't much to do around there...there's a few restaurants...Bumbu Bali is right next door to Aston. Bumbu is one of the most popular places in Bali...great food and they even have a cooking school. Outside the hotel...there was an internet cafe...don't know if it's still there...there was a money exchange place and the cheapest laundry place i have ever come across...we gave them tonnes of clothes (almost a suitcase worth) and it cost us $11USD.

I loved it there...it wasn't too far from Kuta...not too noisy...much older crowd (I was 25 at the time and my sister and friend were 30)...if you talk to a few people either within the hotel or outside...you may get ideas on what to do. Just be careful...be sure to check their "credentials".

The one thing you MUST do is a seafood dinner at Jimbaran Bay. We met a couple on one of our tours and they were a blast...they invited us to dinner and we ended up at a restaurant on the beach at Jimabaran. It was perfect...there was a few candles set up on our table...you were literally at most, 10 feet from the water. WE dug our feet in the sand...enjoyed a cold Bintang beer and enjoyed the sounds. There was a "mariachi" band that seemed to love Bob Marley and Elvis...it's one of those evenings i will NEVER forget for as long as i live...when i think back to it, it brings tears to my eyes...it was dam near perfect :-)

Bali is the kind of place...you either love it or hate it. I loved it...and would love to go back...someday!

Enjoy...you won't be disappointed at Aston...it's quiet, relaxed, romantic and great service. Enjoy...Have a safe trip!