We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medewi or Balian

Plymouth, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Medewi or Balian

Hi folks,

Thinking of staying in either Medewi or Balian for 5 nights. Keen surfer, have a partner that doesn't so any advice welcome?

Cheers, lee

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
491 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medewi or Balian

I am not a surfer so take that under advisement

I stayed at Balian for 3 nights and was getting bit bored.However I had just come back from 3 nights at relaxing at a previous location so that might have had something to do with it

Neither area has a beach a non surfer can use.Rocks,heavy surf etc

Balian did seem to have lots more services including a big fancy hotel with a beautiful spa which might interest your partner as well as massages on the beach at Pondok Pittaya

Hired a car for a couple of hours and checked out Medewi.Not that many places to stay and eat,pretty small and not as nicely located

My guide told me the surf was not as strong there,it was more of a beginners place

Check out my review on the Balian forum of the hotel I stayed at

Hope that helps

2. Re: Medewi or Balian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 10:18