We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to See on Trip from Ubud to Amed

Washington DC...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to See on Trip from Ubud to Amed

Hi Everyone - My wife and I will be traveling from Ubud to Amed later in August to stay a few days in Amed. We would like to take our time getting from Ubud to Amed and see some beautiful scenery along the way and perhaps a water palace (and anything else worth seeing/doing).

We have never been to Bali before and I fear I'm a bit clueless, but I've read that Sideman, Selat and Tirta Gangga are all worth seeing. Are there any places in particular you'd recommend that we see (or places to avoid)? Any routes that are better than others?

We don't necessarily want this to be a full-day event, but we'd like to spend a nice relaxed 5 or 6 hours getting from Ubud to Amed. Thanks in advance for all your help! Off to Bali in less than a week!! We're so excited!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to See on Trip from Ubud to Amed

Some options to visit on the way to Amed are Kerta Gosa well worth a visit if only to see the amazing paintings on the ceiling of the council chamber, there's also a small museum there. Tirtagangga water gardens are on the inland road, there are spectacular rice terraces nearby & also gold & silversmiths at the nearby village of Budakeling. If you take the Seraya coast road you could stop at Ujung water gardens & the views as you approach Amed, looking down into bays/beaches lined with colourful jukungs are a sight well worth seeing. Several places you could stop for lunch in Candidasa enroute. The Sideman road is off the beaten track & you'll see local village life around you.

I'm in beautiful Bali at the mo & off to Amed myself soon!

sydney
Level Contributor
424 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to See on Trip from Ubud to Amed

Ursie, we're interested in the same thing (in reverse). We're also aiming to make a leisurely day of it seeing the sites along the way but we have two children (9 & 12) with us so would we need to amend (or add) anything for their sakes.

Also, going the coast road, how windy is it? We have two (me particularly) travellers prone to car sickness which does tend to take the shine off any adventure!

3. Re: Things to See on Trip from Ubud to Amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 17:18