We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Bali..when?

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Bali..when?

Never been to Bali, so need to know what is the best time of the year to visit. Is there a wet season?

Hoping to stay at Nusa Dua. or Sanur. Any thoughts on this?

Edited: 15 August 2011, 08:23
Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Bali..when?

the official wet season starts in October and lasts till March.

This like all weather anywhere in the world can vary.

When the rainy season hits - humid then a thunder storm late afternoon for an hour or so.

I have seen the rainy season start as late as mid December.

Bali is pretty awesome anytime of the year

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Bali..when?

I have been many times and anytime is a good time to go to Bali.

having said that we were there in June and it was the best weather I can ever remember in Bali. Not humid, sunny days, and not too hot.

Was there over Xmas new year, and it was the rainy season, but it really didnt bother us. We are going back again in December.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,336 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Bali..when?

I've been to Bali in July and the weather has been wet and cloudy, but have been in October and it's been lovely.

I take a philosphical view of this, I'm in the tropics, therefore I expect rain regardless. If it does rain, it's a good excuse to head for a massage, or sit in a cafe watching the rain; showers usually don't last that long. If it doesn't rain, it's a bonus. On balance, the good weather outweighs the bad.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been to Bali..when?

Thanks for your reply. I live in Australia, am used to hot/humid days. But 28degs days with no humidity would be perfect.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never been to Bali..when?

i think best weather is may to september. april and october can be wet or perfect.

6. Re: Never been to Bali..when?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:15