We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

central coast
Level Contributor
375 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Flew Virgin Blue and arrived a hour late due to delay in taking of at Sydney Airport.

In and out of Denpasar Airport with in 30 minutes ,so wasnt to bad and met by the Driver from the Ugly Duckling Sanur.

This was our first time staying in Sanur ,so we where a bit excited and apprehensive as to see if we had made a wise choice.

Day of Arrival.......

We arrived at the hotel and met our wonderful hosts Gael and Bill ,and then shown to our room ,dumped our bags and had tea ar the Ducks Nutz.,flew next door after tea and grabbed a simpati sim card to call home and let hubby know we where alive.

Then had a wonder up the road to purchase a few DVDS ,a few things from Circle K ,and grabbed a waterproof disposable Camera from the Kodak shop for our swimming with the Dolphins in a few days.

We allways take Miss 8 Portable DVD player ,so the kids can watch movies of a night ,had a shower and went to Bed.

Day 2

Well still being on work time I was awake at 3.30 am and layed in bed dozing a bit ,till it hit about 6.30 and then had to make a bit of noise to wake kiddies up,one up all up I say...lol..

So we got dressed had Breaky and Hit Hardies like the force of a cyclone. Grabbed Miss 8 a heap of great clothes from jeans to jackets ,t shirts and knee high jeans ,so now the child will not be naked when at home,also got Miss 14 some t shirts,make up,and Bags,and also purchased my self some Tops and Bags .

Back to the Hotel to unload and of to Tootsies fixed price for some more clothes for me ,Lunch at Bennos (Great Meal ) on the Beach ,back to the room so Miss 8 could swim and wait for the Man to collect the money for the Swimming with the Dolphins.

Changed Thursdays Money and headed out for Dinner At Rib just down the road from the Ugly Duckling .

Meal was over cooked ,and spotted a Rat in the roof right next to where we where sitting ,so we wernt keen to stay with Miss 14 horrified ,did not return again ......I know thereare Rats and Mice every where but if I dont see it thats great ,but when I do ,its a big turn off.....

Day 3

Back down to Hardys for some more shopping,had fish spa which was great and funny ,kids had it last year but I didnt because I had blisters the size of Golf Balls on my feet ,so Didnt want to kill any fish....$50,000 rp for 20 minutes.

Lunch at Gazebo on the beach front ,great meal great staff ,walked along the beach and Miss 8 had a swim in the Ocean ,grabbed a icecream at Circle K ,back to tootsies fixed price and also Jennys ,back to hotel Miss 8 swam ,drag kid out of pool caught Taxi to Fortune Cookie ,great meal and a little shop at Hardies on the way home,back to our room.

Day 4

Up again at 3.30 am ,lye in bed snoozing till about 6.30 again and woke kids .Dolphin Swimming today so we got dressed ,had Breaky and got picked up at about 9 am from the company.

We arrived at the Dolphin place and where offered a cold towel and drink and all given life jackets and told what we can and cant do.

Everyone hopes into the boat and Driven out to the pens where the Dophins are and split into groups of about 5. I took a few photos of kids before I hopped in and asked the keeper if there was anyone who could take photos of us all in the water and he said yes and the Boat Driver became our photographer ,with our camera on one arm and the young German couple with us camera on the other arm,yelling out "Camera,Camera" and happily snapping photos of our wonderful experiance .

This is such a great thing to do and the Dolphins are well cared for and released in the afternoon back into the Ocean and return on there own free will ,$69 for Adults and $59 for Miss 8 ,so money well spent and we all had a ball.

Taken back to dry land offered free tea,Coffee or a cold drink and returned to the hotel,jumped into a Bemo and headed to Mc Donalds for lunch ,then walked back to the hotel so Miss 8 could ....Swim ....then of to the Pizza Hut for Tea which was a 20 minute walk away. Grabbed the kids a silver ring for Miss 14 and a Bracelet for Miss 8 ,then back to the Ugly Duckling for a shower and Bed.

We had a great few days in Sanur and I would definantly return ,and also did a heap of shopping in Hardys ,so would recommed that to anyone ,fixed price and great t shirts for the kids starting from $1.87 Australian. Ugly Duckling is a great cheap lot off Accomadation and the hosts are a wealth of knowledge ,rooms are clean ,tidy and have tea and coffee making facilities also Air Conditioned, W e would definantly return ,if you are after 5 star this isnt for you but if you are on a budget ,and want clean and tidy in a great location then this is what you want.

Part 2 to come Ubud.......

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

thanks for your JBR. glad you enjoyed sanur and would return again. The dolphin swim is a lovely thing to do and it is great that the dolphins are free to come and go as they want.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,638 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

So glad you had a wondeful time in Sanur.Hardys is a great store i could spend hours in there shopping.

Looking foward to part 2.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

LOL, reading this in Sanur, about 200m from The Ugly Duckling, straight across the road from Rib (in fact we had lunch there, no rats thank goodness), had dinner with Gael and Billy last night, so I'm really experiencing your JBR. We even woke up at 3.30am this morning, lol.

So pleased you enjoyed Sanur, thanks for the report Tash.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

I didn't manage to fit in a stay at Sanur last trip but have decided to start off there next trip. Swimming with the dolphins must have been an amazing experience. I saw one out in the ocean from my verandah in Amed for the 1st time last trip. Glad to hear you fitted in lots of shopping & a swim in the pool inbetween meals tash!!

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Enjoyed reading your JBR, amazed that you could get it posted so soon after your return.

Sounds like you fitted a lot into your stay at Sanur, and still with plenty of pool time for Miss 8 :-)

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Thanks for your JBR it was a great read and very informative for me as I am going in 14 weeks and staying at Sanur Beach Villas which I believe is the sister hotel to Ugly Duckling Sanur.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Great read thanks:)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Another vote for Sanur, we really need to stay here next time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Great JBR Tash. Can I ask how much it cost you for the waterproof camera?

Sue

central coast
Level Contributor
375 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR 2nd August t -22 August 2011

Thanks all for the comments we had a wonderful Time and Bill from the Ugly Duckling would muck around with Miss 8 ,which she loved and I could spend hours in Hardys as well (if Miss 8 didnt need to swim constantly).

Theres more parts to come if I dont send you all off to sleep.....