We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Member Interview

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
TA Member Interview

Been reading all the interviews in the forum here and it was fun. Thanks Beedzu for the great idea.

It would be a waste to let these interviews to fall off to the bottom of the forum. Why not edit the Top Question about Bali and link up all the interviews? It would be great for any newcomer to read up a bit about all the Baliholic in this fantastic forum.

Only a DE is able to edit the Top Questions....i would love to do it but i'm not from this forum although i do log into this forum for my Bali fix.

Whats your opinion on this?

Edited: 29 September 2011, 15:06
Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,308 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Member Interview

Hi MK - while I agree that the idea was (and is) fun, I would suspect that the TA Mods wouldn't like this as it's not a "Top Question" strictly speaking. Top Questions are about the Visa On Arrival, Weather, Money Changers etc. We don't often however get forum members asking where Linda52 buys her bamboo underpants on a regular basis. I know that a few of the Bali DEs have toyed around with the idea, especially since Helm0 compiled them all on his website, but just on the basis that it is fun, I would anticipate that TA wouldn't allow such fun and would want to keep the forum pretty business like and travel focussed rather than turning the site into a social network/chat site.

I've not been in communication with the Mods about this, but this is my reading of the situation based on past dealings with the Mods. I've surprised actually that they didn't close some of the threads down.

Absolutely right though that it's been a nice way to get to know some of the regulars a bit better.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Member Interview

yes i agree with happynoodles,

i think that alot of people looking at tripadvisor want TRAVEL info on Bali.

JBRs are also informative for a more detailed story of ones holiday, face book is enough isn't it for chatting/social site.

JBRs are in my experience can be very informative, fun & interesting now if they could be put into a group that would be helpful ...maybe

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Member Interview

At least the website that helm0 created collates the interviews, which is an alternative of sorts. I started this with the intention of keeping it mainly Bali focussed (in the hope that we could get it sticky-ed), and it still is to a certain degree. However I understand that not everyone is interested in the interviews.

A forum search comes up with them I think.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,350 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Member Interview

Nice thought though MK K and hello again...

WAust
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Member Interview

hehe happynoodleboy, where DOES Linda52 buy her bamboo underpants?

I must have missed that one.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,838 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Member Interview

LOL target cos now I buy them too :)

Yes i would love to have it pinned but am sure Noodles is right, it is not a thread that answers travel related questions so am sure it would not be "allowed".

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Member Interview

sue, nice to see u again here.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,252 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Member Interview

Hi guys,

Does somebody have the link to Helm0s website?

Cheers Mac

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
921 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Member Interview

hope linda 52 doesn't live near any pandas! rofl

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews