We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Bali

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Bali

With only four nights in Bali I am having trouble picking a spot to base myself. I have never been before, am a 38 female Brit travelling alone, and would like somewhere busy though not necessarily "clubby". I'm hoping to be there between X'mas and New Year. Help!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Bali

legian or seminyak may suit you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Bali

I second freakybudboi. Legian is a little more sedate than Kuta and Seminyak even more so.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Bali

I would go for Seminyak. Good range of hotels/villas and fabulous selection of restaurants, bars etc

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Bali

I'd add Sanur (on the beach with shops and restaurants but relatively peaceful as well) and Ubud (set in a beautiful valley - a bohemian artists' community) to the list of possibilities....

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Bali

Thank you guys for your input. I have looked at Seminyak and Sanur (I did look at Kuta and dismissed it as not for me!) but would ideally like to stay in Ubud. The only problem would appear to be that all the excursions around Bali seem to leave from the hotels on the southern beaches. With only a few days I figured this would be one of the best ways to see the sites, unless you guys have other ideas?

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Bali

One thing to do is to stay for a few days in one location (beach town) and a few days in another (Ubud). Also, there is a multitude of people willing to take you from anywhere to anywhere in Bali for reasonable prices. Talk to someone on this forum or elsewhere who knows a reliable driver, and you can do any excursion you like without booking through a hotel.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in Bali

Hi there

I'm going to be in Bali between Christmas and New Year and will be staying in Canggu. If anyone can recommend a trustworthy driver I would be so grateful! I would also love to hear from anyone who's going to be there around the same time, I'm a 38 year old Brit travelling solo!

Cheers

Edited: 23 November 2011, 21:57
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go in Bali

for easy reference, take a look at my blog, included contact for drivers too

…blogspot.com/2011/11/bali-26-310311.html

9. Re: Where to go in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2012, 10:19