We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Bali is making headline news again for all the wrong reasons.

…ninemsn.com.au/world/8358265/bali-attack-wa…

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Would love to know the full story. Can't see them being attacked for no reason.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

I'm with Suzan 5 .

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Bali is getting its publicity right now.

The full story will come out eventually.

Its just another waiting game.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
264 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Why would you come home and leave your family behind????

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Hmmm.......Probably more to this one as well

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Drunken obnoxious Aussies no doubt.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

He came home because he had job interviews and to take his son I think it was to the hospital as he needed surgery for broken ribs I think? I cant remember but he was on the radio this morning talking about it. But some of his family stayed because they were needed for police interviews and because his daughter had just been married over there so wanted to stay.

Said he had been to Bali about 8 times and had never experienced anything like this.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Take a look in the Bounty any night and you'll see what a cesspit it is. Out of control people fuelled by booze and drugs. The bouncers are deaing with some real filth in there. For all those parents who are about to let their kids go off to Bali for Leavers/Schoolies week unsupervised, think again. You could be bringing your child home in a bodybag.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bounty Hotel
Bounty Hotel
543 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

haha settle down ^

Stuff like this happens everywhere in Australia so it was bound to happen in Bali.

You don't get beaten up for non reason so I'm sure there is more to the story than what has been let out already.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family members attacked by group of bouncers at The Bounty!

Having observed the behaviour of tourists visiting Indonesia for an extended time I am quite happy to leap in with some assumptions of my own concerning the victims involvement.

However I think we should all wait and see what emerges from this incident.

Indonesian bouncers can get a bit delusional at times just like their foreign counterparts. As they no doubt have to deal with a lot of complete fools and idiots at places like the Bounty their own threshold of 'respect' toward foreigners has most likely, like that of many Indonesians, been considerably reduced.

If the bouncers were of the calibre of those employed by the Australian Consulate Bali several years back then I would not be surprised to hear of them attacking someone with great vigour. I once watched the clowns in security uniforms at the Au Consulate in Bali attack a quite humble and courteous taxi driver with great enthusiasm. Without going into great detail on the incident they behaved like common thugs.

These were not nightclub bouncers but were working for the Australian Government as security guards. I have seen similar but fortunately lesser levels of rudeness and thuggery displayed by the local security staff at the Australian Embassy Jakarta in the past.

They had several in their number who were clearly pumped up on steroids, were astoundingly self important, dump as bricks, and were astonishingly arrogant, rude and threatening toward anyone they chose to pick upon. I noted that the Polda personnel on detachment there had very little to do with them and appeared to shun them.

So there are certainly thugs around in these so called security teams.

In case anyone thinks I have it in for Indonesian security staff, I do not. Indeed I have several friends who work in that industry and they are very professional and rather pleasant individuals, of both sexes, and all are Indonesian.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Bounty Hotel
Bounty Hotel
543 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia