We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Hi, I'm hoping to get some help with a decision for travel next year. We have a few people going Aug next year 2012 and a big focus is on kids having a lot of fun - ages 7 and 10. We were all set to book for Bali Dynasty when a few people have queried the safety of Bali?? We are not looking at doing a lot outside the Resort at either place (Waterbom Pk, Elephant ride and a bit of shopping) so want a resort to keep mainly the kids entertained (we'll be happy to unwind and relax by the pool). I'm happy with reviews of both Bali Dynasty and Holiday Inn Phuket just not sure where to go?? Would love any feedback - especially if anyone knows of both hotels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Look at the locations. Go for the best location. Due to road traffic, it's quicker to walk during peak hours.

Or simply split your stay between both. Taxi's are really cheap, most local trips are less than $2 !

Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

I have stayed at both hotels and Holiday Inn Phuket is clearly superior. Location wise, I am personally more addicted to Phuket than Bali but others in this Bali forum will think otherwise.

Perth
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Hello, I have stayed in both hotels and found the Holiday Inn Phuket outstanding, better than the Dynasty. Although I haven't stayed at the Dynasty with children. Although I do love Bali, Phuket is a much better place. The kids rooms at HI are fantastic, the food is sensational (and inexpensive for a hotel) and the whole place is generally cleaner. There is no pool bar at the HI if you like that kind of thing though. It is less "bogan" than many Bali hotels. The only reason I would choose Bali over Phuket is the travel time. It's twice as long on the plane and once you get to Phuket it's 1 hour from the airport to the hotel. It really is a big travel day if you have children. Bali hotels are only 10 minutes from airport. I did feel safer in Phuket and although I still go to Bali now for holidays, terrorism is always in the back of my mind. If you don't mind the travel time, Phuket wins hands down!! Enjoy.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Have been both places, I prefer Bali more. However I always travel without kids, so maybe my experience is quite different.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Surely the OP is comparing the Dynasty and the H.I. in Bali. "Phuket" would have been typed in error, no ?

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Hi,

We have been to Phuket and Bali with our kids, but not in the hotels you mentioned. But we prefer Bali to Phuket. I know the beaches in Thailand are gorgeous, the food is delicious, so I can't explain it very well. It is like falling in love, maybe your neighbour is more handsome, but you love your husband....

So, we love Bali more than Phuket!

But we would go to Sanur or Ubud instead of Kuta, so, I'm afraid I am making you even more confused....

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

I've stayed at both hotels. The Dynasty is busy and caters for families, to be honest, I would recommend Hard Rock over Dynasty. The kids club is brilliant, they have beach parties and dancing completitions, 5 water slides, a kids water playground and a rock climbing wall. We hardly saw our kids(miss 7 and miss 9) for 5 days they were so happy and we got to lounge around in a cabana!!

When we stayed at Holiday Inn phuket we were without our kids and stayed in the busakorn wing which was very relaxing and quiet. We looked at the kids club and it was quite small, they don't have water slides etc.

My vote is Bali, but I also have probably confused you more, sorry!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

Hi Jodie B just to confuse you a bit more Have stayed at the Dynasty was good but its full of aussies and kids every where.Have not stayed at the Holiday Inn Phuket but we stayed at the Le Meridien Phuket if you like to stay at the hotel this would be ideal own clean private beach lots of free activities eg sailing golf (put put) archery rock wall and the biggest pool i have seen, was never crowded.Elephant rides are much cheaper and the rides are longer and a 5 min drive to Patong .

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,650 posts
1,879 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

I do not think August is the best month to stay in Phuket. I think Bali Dynasty is a very good family hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't decide Bali Dynasty or Holiday Inn Phuket

We love both places and have taken our kids- 10 & 12 twice to each place. We love the beaches more in Phuket but love everything else the same.

We feel totally safe in Bali and probably worry more about safetly when your home as when you get there you just feel so relaxed that its the last thing on your mind.

With kids I think you cant beat Bali as the full day of travel to get to Phuket & home is exhausting. In saying that we are off to Phuket in August 2012 (we were last there August 2010) but have already booked a trip to Bali for Feburary 2012.

I think you will be happy with either place. Just look at what you want to do over there and if you want to do nothing then just go with your gut. Both are Amazing!