We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catholic church in Gianyar

perth western...
Level Contributor
131 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
catholic church in Gianyar

I have just found out that there is a Roman Catholic Church in Gianyar, is there anyone out there that has been to it and would they know what the mass time table is at christmas. Doesn't matter what sites i go to i can't find out.

The name of the church is Santa Maria Ratu Rosario, and the church is run by Father Yohanes Handriyanto.

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks Kojonup

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: catholic church in Gianyar

Hi,

I have been to a Catholic Church in Gianyar - to visit , not for mass. It is very near Ubud central. I think it was started by the MEP. They also have a school to teach carpentry, and etc. Unfortunately, I can't remember the contact of the person in charge. I will ask around and get back to you and if you don't get a reply, please PM me. I'll also try and find out if it is the same church.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
188 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catholic church in Gianyar

Jade were you able to find details? I'd be interested in going here for Christmas Eve mass.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,739 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: catholic church in Gianyar

Santa Maria Ratu Rosario, Jl Mulawarmen No.92, Tedung, Gianya.

Sunday Mass is 8am in Bahasa Indonesia.

Father Yohanes Handriyanto phone 0361-943457 or mobil 0818364840.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: catholic church in Gianyar

Hi,

I don't know if fameNsw's addy is the same one I'm talking about.but at least you have one contact.

The MEP priest I contacted doesn't know the addy BUT he cc'd my email to the guy who is there and runs the vocational school (in the same grounds as the church). Well, I he was in charge of the school when I visited there, not sure about now, but he's still there. I'm still waiting for his email but as he's based in Bali, he doesn't check his emails so often. I'll let you know once I get the details. The church is quite a decent size. There is another Catholic church in the west which has very different and interesting architecture (Balinese style) but it's not easy to find. If you are heading that area as well, it might be interesting to take a look. But of course, the west is quite far.

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: catholic church in Gianyar

The mass wont necessarily be in English.

6. Re: catholic church in Gianyar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 10:20