We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Grounded

Cronulla
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Qantas Grounded

Hope your all glued to the news as Alan Joyce has just made a huge announcement on all Qantas Dom & Int flights will not be getting of the ground any time soon.

Didn't think I would see the day, Jetstar is ok at the moment, hope it doesn't affect too many Bali Lovers.

Good Luck Safe Travels

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas Grounded

Im sure it wont because Qantas do not fly to Bali.

However it does affect hubby as he flies to Melb each week.

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas Grounded

Better get travel insurance ASAP jet star flyers just in case..I'm checking mine tonite

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas Grounded

Jetstar flights, QantasLink flights and Qantas flights across the Tasman operated by Jetconnect will continue. Express Freighters Australia and Atlas Freighters will also continue to operate.

qantas.com.au/regions/…

Helm0 , travel insurance should be purchased the moment you book tickets .

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas Grounded

Need not worry about me I did exactly that but just making sure anybody who didn't does

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas Grounded

hmmm yes i must purchase my insurance for all our flights we have booked for next year...i will look into it tonight, we are not flying with either but hey its a wake up call...

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas Grounded

I got stuck in Bali after air paradise went broke , the insurance I had didn't cover the airline going broke , thank god Qantas and the Australian government stepped in and got me home via Singapore and I got to stay in Bali 4 extra days .

I also got stuck in Brisbane when compass went broke , lucky enough its cheap to hire a car to Sydney .

Cronulla
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas Grounded

Hi Freaky

Please don't travel Qantas when they get up and flying again, I think you know what I mean, LOL : )

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas Grounded

Mmmm, not happy. Booked for next Saturday with Jet* ex Melb....but....need to get to Melb from Adel and that is with the big Q....

Hope they get it sorted or it will be an 8 hour drive......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas Grounded

just out of curiosity, does travel insurance even cover airline strikes?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas Grounded

Thanks bali girl (I live near you!)

Hey freaky we got stuck in Bali when Air Paradise went broke it was a nightmare, we had no idea what was going on!!

My hubby just flew home for a week with Qantas thank goodness it was this past week :):)

Hope for everyone flying with them Jetstar is okay.