We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this daytrip too much?

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is this daytrip too much?

Ok guys, want to get a few things done on a trip up-country.

Starting from our hotel in Legian:

8:30 - leave hotel in Legian

10:00 - Treetops adventure park

Then should I do

12:30 - lunch @ strawberry stop

2:00 Lake Bratan / Ulun Danu

OR

2:00 - Gitgit waterfall

4:00 - Banjar (air panas)

(Times are approx).

What do people think?

Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
863 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

IMHO the answer is yes but it can be done. Most of your time would be taken up sitting in a car. I would allow a day with stops to get to Lovina.

Stay a night or two if you can. The highlight of going that far north is seeing the wild dolphins at Lovina at sunrise and snorkelling at Pemuteran neither but you would need more than a day trip to do this.

Good luck!

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

Thanks Smedles

I should perhaps clarify - we will be returning to Legian that evening.

Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

bump

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,611 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

It is doable but too rushed in my opinion. As stated before by Smedles, you will spend most of the time in the car.

The first 3 are all in the same area and would be a good day out. You would'nt be rushed and you can allow for traffic (not getting where you want to be according to a time schedule).

The Gitgit Waterfall and Banjar Hot Springs are not in that area. Closer to Singaraja and to do them justice should be done on a different day.

It is a shame you did not plan to spend a night in Lovina area as that would have made a great 2 day tour.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

Do able but as said above alot of time sitting in a car and it would be a long day by the time you got back to legian specially leaving the hot springs around 5 pm

gold coast
Level Contributor
64 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

IF you left out the hot springs I think you would be fine thats the main point that you will be finding it hard to get through...as said its a long day....the tree tops takes a while to get through......When we did the day trip from Nusa Dua we left at 9 and got back at 7pm and we only did the Tree tops 2-3hours then the lake and then then came straight back so yeah it is a big day!

7. Re: Is this daytrip too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 05:16