We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta Legian Beach

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Kuta Legian Beach

Any body tell me what the Kuta Legian beaches are like now. Last time I was there they were covered in rubbish and debris. Never seen anything like it in the 30 odd years that I have been travelling to Bali.

qld
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuta Legian Beach

When we were there this June they were quite a lot better than I have ever seen it. The water was quite clean. The year before at the same time the water had so much rubbish in it we only went swimming once - It was particularly stormy and unseasonally wet that year and that is probably why.

By the way, the streets also seem to be much cleaner than previously.,

Still great fun sitting on the beach though.

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuta Legian Beach

Thanks for that. I originally thought it might have been some of the rubbish coming down from Japan with the Tsunami but it might just have been the stormy weather

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,638 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuta Legian Beach

We were there in November and noticed a huge difference form June.

Water and actual beach heaps cleaner.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuta Legian Beach

If you go between December and March you are likely to see lots of crap washed up on the beaches at Kuta/ Legian/ Seminyak. It is not so bad in Sanur.

5. Re: Kuta Legian Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2012, 10:17