We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bali

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Bali

We are planning a side trip from a cruise to visit Bali for a few days from Singapore. How many days should we plan to visit and where are the best place to stay/visit. We are 4 people in our early 60s, fun loving but not nightclubbers or surfers. We like to experience the atmosphere, people, shopping, food, culture,beaches and travel independently. Any advice appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Bali

Personally I'd grab as many days as you can. Kuta is pretty fast paced, more clubs etc... I think you'd like Ubud, good sights and shopping and restaurants. If you can overnight all the better. Are you flying in or entering via a port? A few more specifics and I'm sure you'll get more and better advice and/or suggestions. Bali has a great feel to it, enjoy.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Bali

Hi,

Main point is where is your port of arrival ?? This will determine what your two days in Bali are about.

It should be either Benoa or Padang Bai.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Bali

Plan to fly into the main airport and stay for up to 4 days. Thanks Fosie

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Bali

Hey Fosie,

Sanur sounds like what you are after.Look it up.We are late 40s & I think Sanus is just right for us.

Cheers Mac

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Bali

choose sanur as a base. good food, accomodation and close to exploring the east coast and mountains. suggestions of places to visit and see the various sights include padangbai, candidasa, ubud and tirta gangga. these could be done in sepaarae day trips as there are a variety of things to do/see in each place.

Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Bali

Seminyak!!!! Is all I can say. Soak up as many days as you can bali is just amazing. It's close to Legian and also Kuta but it's not dirty and busy like Kuta.

I would take a day trip to Ubud, it's about a hours drive inland but it's the crafty and cultural part of Bali. There are great paintings and restaurants, i would recommend "Dirty Duck restaurant". It over looks the rice fields it's absolutely gorgeous.

You can also visit the place and the monk from eat pray love there. The monkey forest is also in Ubud and that is a MUST do! They are hilarious, just make sure everything on ur body is secured! That includes earrings.

Make sure you visit the following places:

Ku de ta

W hotel

Potato head

Chandi (AMAZING restaurant)

You could also do sunset horse riding on the beach :)

If u need a hotel my suggestion is Pelangi hotel seminyak.

Cheers

Level Contributor
16 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Bali

Seminyak!!!! Is all I can say. Soak up as many days as you can bali is just amazing. It's close to Legian and also Kuta but it's not dirty and busy like Kuta.

I would take a day trip to Ubud, it's about a hours drive inland but it's the crafty and cultural part of Bali. There are great paintings and restaurants, i would recommend "Dirty Duck restaurant". It over looks the rice fields it's absolutely gorgeous.

You can also visit the place and the monk from eat pray love there. The monkey forest is also in Ubud and that is a MUST do! They are hilarious, just make sure everything on ur body is secured! That includes earrings.

Make sure you visit the following places:

Ku de ta

W hotel

Potato head

Chandi (AMAZING restaurant)

You could also do sunset horse riding on the beach :)

If u need a hotel my suggestion is Pelangi hotel seminyak.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Bali

Nusa Dua or Seminyak if you like a relaxing luxurious holiday :) Since there are 4 of you, why don't stay in a villa with private pool? Kuta is too noisy and too many backpackers and touts.

For transportation, you can hire private car + driver. It is very cheap and convenient. 2 years ago it was less than $50 for a day including petrol.

9. Re: First time to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:16