We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free allowance

wales
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
duty free allowance

Hi there can anyone tell me please the limit for bringing alcohol and tobacco back to UK from bali

thanks

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free allowance

Hi andy the quickest way to answer this is, for you to check out this website

taxfreetravel.com/…20allowances

it gives you all the Uk dutyfree allowences

if this doesnt answer all your questions a quick call to your local customs office will

cheers john

wales
Level Contributor
207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duty free allowance

Doesn't really say what i can bring back, Will object call i think many thanks

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duty free allowance

This may help heathrow-airport-guide.co.uk/dutyfree.html

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: duty free allowance

Hi again Andy I Have copied from the web site the following paragraphs

Goods valued up to £390 can be brought into the country without any duty payable on the purchases from January 1st 2010, including souvenirs, clothing, electrical goods and perfume

The one litre allowance for spirits and liqueurs over 22 per cent volume plus the two litre allowance for fortified wine (port or sherry), sparkling wine or other liqueurs remains the same. In a new development , however, travellers can mix and match these allowances.

The same flexibility has also been introduced for the tobacco allowance so travellers can buy a mixture of cigarettes, cigars or hand-rolling tobacco provided the total falls within the limit - a maximum 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g tobacco

this should clarify things for you

cheers john

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,210 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duty free allowance

Hi Andy, as always for definitive advice, check out the HMRC website:

hmrc.gov.uk/customs/…arrivingnoneu.htm

Big health warning, check out this link, specifically the bit headed "Special information about liquids for transit or transfer passengers":

direct.gov.uk/en/…DG_078169

We've had some travellers fall foul of this obscure rule when travelling via odd routes, and they've had Duty Free liquids confiscated.

6. Re: duty free allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2013, 10:19