We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast options around Jayakarta

Brisbane
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast options around Jayakarta

we are heading over in september and our 1st week is in a private apartment at the jaya. i'm looking for places the we can take the kids for breakfast on the mornings we don't feel like making it ourselves (read: every morning).

last year we had breakfast one morning at garlic lane cafe and enjoyed that.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

go to Tommys cafe.

Its only a couple of minutes from your hotel and the food is fantastic and cheap.

kids will love the cold milos.

Poached eggs cooked to perfection, as is everything else on the menu.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

You don't need to walk far. There are at least 6 open in Jln Werkudera and all the beach front ones which are much nicer as you can watch the ocean while eating.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

nice one. thank you both.

i didn't realise those beach front places were open for breakfast - i had only thought of them for lunch or dinner. makes sense.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

Miss Pixie

Where is Tommy's Cafe in relation to the Jayakarta? Is their other meals good also. Always interested in where to go and eat.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

@Balibern

Tommys is on Jln Werkudera. If you walk out of the Jayakarta youturn right and you will come to Jln Werkudera. As Linda said there are plenty of other places along there as well, but we found Tommys on day one and thats where we ate breakfast each morning.

They are only open for breakfast and lunch. I loved everything I tried on their menu.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
229 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

I love Tommys. Best Iced Coffee! They give you a refresher face cloth when you arrive too :)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

The one problem with Tommy's is the ultra slow service. You can wait 1 hour for a bread roll. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

Kumala Pantai have a good buffet breakfast that you can pay 50,000 for if you are not staying at the resort.

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

yuts are accross the road from tommys and do an excellent potato rosti breakfast. or the beachfront ones like lanai and zanzibar are good. try a different place each day.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast options around Jayakarta

@Linda

We ate there every morning for 2 weeks.

Never had to wait too long for our breakfast.... certainally not an hour, more like 10 -15 mins.....even when it was packed, and there was 11 of us.

@Kiwi...yes and the cold milos are delicious as well. I love the smell of those icy cold face washers that they give you!

Bisbanelizzy....50,000 is good value for a buffet breakfast too!

101bm should be fine ;)