We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free allowance & spending money

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Duty Free allowance & spending money

Hi Everyone

We are a family of 7... 2Adults & 5Children 13,9,6,5 & 2 & we are off too Bali in July 12

Was wondering what the duty free allowance for alcohol is on arrival & departure?

Also we are taking about $4500 NZD...our breakfast is inlcluded at our Villa. We are wanting to do Waterbom,Safari Park,Treetops & a 2 or 3 day tour. It has been a while since I was in Bali & I am a little worried if we have enough money. I dont want to be counting money as this will ruin my holiday but would like to have a great time

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks

Lisa T

Brisbane
Level Contributor
719 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

How long are you going for?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

11 days...fly in at 2.45 & fly out at 10.10pm at night

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

Maybe consider an extra $1000 as backup money or use a credit card to pay for your activities and then pay for those when you get back home.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

hi lisa t, sounds like you'll have plenty, the waterbom park etc you;ll get family discounts at the tour booths, just check a few of them see which has the better offers that suit you!! if you head to carrefour at the start of your hol's and stock up on the kids treats and all the other bits and pieces beer water etc this will help with keeping cost down.

as for dutyfree it's 1L in to bali and 2L out, make sure and bring in your dutyfree as spirits are bit on the high side in bali.

happy travels lisa t and gang

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

You can take up to a 1125 ml bottle of spirit per adult into Bali without any problems.

I'm assuming you are out bound back to Auckland; Refer NZ duty free allowance below.

aucklandairport.co.nz/ShopDineAndRelax/Inter…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

Lisa, like SydneyOldboy, I would also suggest that you consider extra backup money or credit card. $4500 NZD is just under $3500 AUS and most people estimate approx $50AUS per person per day. I probably wouldn't count your 2 year old in this but even for 6 people at $50 AUS per day it brings it straight up to $3300 AUS. So to not be counting and worrying all the time I would have access to more. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

thanks everyone

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

Just to let you know its 3 1.25 bottles of spirits allowed per each Adult back into NZ . Buy before you go and just pick up. Easier to do it online, I found the best to use is www.dutyfreestores.co.nz and get a frequent buyers club number you then get an extra 20% off the duty free price except for Cigarettes. Have an awesome time :)

9. Re: Duty Free allowance & spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 09:26