We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali March 17-25

Sydney
5 posts
Save Topic
Bali March 17-25

Hi all I am heading to Bali for the first time and staying at the Padma in Legian..

WIthout flights accommo etc how much should I budget for 8 nights in Bali..

We will be going out most nights and heading to bars etc..

What should my daily budget be?

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali March 17-25

Quite a few people ask this question, from feedback I've heard for someone not wanting to watch their dollars $100 aussie dollars a day seems to be the suggestion. Guess everyone us different with their spending / eating / drinking habits & it can vary.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali March 17-25

You can easily get by on under $50.00 a day unless you plan on lots of eating, drinking, shopping. In your case I would budget for 100-200 per day.It is better to bring money home than not have enough.

Drinks range from $2.00 for a beer to $10.00 for a cocktail.

Food can be as low as $2.00 for a simple Indonesian dish to $200.00 for top class. Mid range meals will cost around $10-25.00 including a couple of drinks.

Your breakfast will be included and you may not want a big lunch every day.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
928 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali March 17-25

To hard to say as all people spend differently. Shopping and eating can be inexpensive, however the nightclubs can cost a bit, especially if you like spirits or cocktails. I agree with the previous suggestion, I have seen on numerous threads $100AUD a day is ok.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali March 17-25

You will not be going to any bars on March 23rd. This is the day that you will have to stay in the hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali March 17-25

LOL I was just coming to say just that, cempaka. The 23rd will be a very cheap day.

Mick, did you realise that you will be there for Nyepi Day? If not, you had better do some reading about this day.

tripadvisor.com.au/…24354047

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali March 17-25

yes pots and pan music day

the hotels love this day all the guest drinking/eating in the hotel

easy money

back to the question

we allow 7 150 a day for us 3 2 adults 1 child

when i used go with friends $75/100 did cover u

some days u spend 100 next day 50 so it even itself out over the priod

have a great holiday

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali March 17-25

transport , food, clubbing (depending on club). the last one can vary a lot. allow $150AUD per day. cash 1/2 your notes at bank in bali. see how you go from there. if you need more use the atm.

dont forget departure tax 150 000 rupiah.

8. Re: Bali March 17-25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:31