We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking.com feedback

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Booking.com feedback

Has anyone used this site? We are attempting to make the most of our holiday dollar as our next trip will be over the very expensive christmas/new year period.

Booking.com appear to have a lot of specials withe the 'bonus' of generally not having to pay until arrival.

However, we have a couple of concerns. 1. Many of the villas listed do not appear on the Trip Advisor reviews and 2. My great fear of turning up on the day to the statement 'sorry we have no room/booking etc.' This would be rather inconvenient with a group of 6.

We are specifically looking a villas in Seminyak.

Would love to hear from other travellers who have used this site.

australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking.com feedback

we have used booking.com on many occasions. On arriving at our hotel there is always a booking for us. We have also used hotels/resorts not on TA but still are pretty good places. Overall in my personal opinion i would highly recommend then..

Willy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking.com feedback

I have booked through booking.com as well and never had a problem. I like the fact that I can pay in local currency at the hotel.

Busselton
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking.com feedback

It is reputable I believe. Will let you know on my return in March. But I emailed the hotel to confirm the booking and they said they receive most of their bookings that way - and that is the Niksoma in Legian. So I feel very assured.

Goodluck!

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking.com feedback

I have used them on may occasions and never had a problem.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking.com feedback

yes we booked them for thailand , no worries at all had to change the date ,

no charge

would use them again

chris

Nagambie, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking.com feedback

I used the site before for holidays in oz never had any problems, going to Sanur in April did the booking and also contacted the hotel to ask a questions our booking was confirmed as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking.com feedback

Another +1, they are my favourite hotel booking website

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking.com feedback

Hi,

Used them several times, never had any problem.

Also booked again for next summer.

Indeed fine to pay in hotel, and you can easily cancel upto several days before arrival (pls read for that hotel conditions, they may be different for each hotel, but often upto 48 hours before arrival)

And we also double check with hotel directly.

9. Re: Booking.com feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 22:35
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking.com feedback

Hi

I have used Booking. Com many times in many parts of the world with no problems at all. It is, however, up to you to find suitable accommodation!

Cheers