We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

I have just received a phone call that the 10.55am to Bali from Melbourne is now departing at 7.40pm tonight.

You might want to phone Garuda tand check - I was contacted from 03) 9338 2925.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

Very annoying when this happens, but look at the bright side.... you're going to Bali. ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

Definitely annoying! My daughter is going on that same flight tomorrow morning (hopefully) and has already planned out her arrival day, that is alot of missed time!

I'm sorry that your holiday has been delayed but have a great time when you get there :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

Garuda are pretty good. This happened to us a couple of years ago but by 15 hours. We were very annoyed as like you we basically lost a day.

So we called them and they were very apologetic and moved the return trip forward by a day so we didn't loose a day.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

Don't fly with Garuda again ever....you can go to Bali or Indonesia and beyond by QANTAS, SINGAPORE, MALAYSIAN, AIRASIA.. JETSTAR...AND MANY OTHERS....

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

I will fly Garuda, again and again and again. :) Qantas don't fly to Bali from Australia. and Singapore Air is much more expensive. No other airline other than Jetstar fly direct and I won't fly Jetstar.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

I am with Linda, I fly Garuda all the time, and will continue to do so, never had a problem, and also would not fly Jetstar.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

I will not fly anything other than Garuda to Bali ever again!

What a weird post by a one time poster!

Cheers

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
853 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

That is too bad, hate to lose a day of hols. We normally fly Jetstar and have never had a problem but that's not to say we won't but all airlines have these problems and getting there safe is the main consideration. I will fly whoever has the most reasonable prices at the time of booking although we went Virgin two years ago so we could get there in the afternoon - felt very crowded on the smaller plane but got there safely. Cheers, Karen

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

Ahhh, live in little old Adelaide, we only have one choice if we want a direct flight. - Virgin. Looked at some other options for our latest trip...had to chuckle when I saw the Singapore airlines option...a 22 hour flight, with 2 stopovers...that's a loooooong road to Bali LOL.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
706 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grrrrrrrr Garuda 719 delayed 8 hours today from Melbourne

How ridiculous Dirham P!