We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

Perth
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

Hi all

My son (18) is planning a trip to Bali and I'm helping. We recently stayed at Kumala Pantai and he liked that hotel, but wants to stay in Kuta, closer to the nightlife and craziness that is Kuta, but still have the ability to retreat to a nice resort for relaxation. I've looked at the Grand Istana Rama and this seems to fit the bill and budget ($100).

Would greatly appreciate any advice on great hotels/resorts for 18yr olds that offer the best of both worlds with a $100 budget per night.

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

Have a look at the Bali Garden Beach Resort, It has great pools is on the beach, opposite Waterbom Park, next to the Discovery Mall and walking distance to Matahari/ Kuta Square.

Agoda or Bali Discovery have good rates under $100.00.

australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

Perhaps the White Rose?

It is well located just behind the memorial and close to all the clubs and Poppies 2. We went and had a look at it and the gardens are lovely, nice pool, big grounds. I would stay there myself as far as the hotel itself goes, but the location which makes it so appealing to the young ones is what turns me off, if that makes sense.

Our 18 year old stayed there in November and loved it and we have 4 young ones, 20 - 24 staying there in a few weeks time while us oldies stay at Sanur for a few days.

Edited: 05 February 2012, 00:27
Perth
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have fun checking them out :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

Try jayakarta hotel on the beach and the youngster seem to like it our 20 yr old son and his mates always stay ther central to everything

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

I know you said your son wanted to stay in the Kuta region, but why not consider slightly farther down the same beach, the more upmarket area of Legian? There is a fantastic new fairly-smart hotel called Amadea Resort & Spa, situated in Legian. About 5 minutes drive to the beach. It's NOT beachfront, but opposite the hotel is a famous street for nightlife and boutique/souvenir shopping, plus lots of cafes and bars.

It will be less maniacal than Kuta, but for $90 per night INC tax, I doubt you will get anything better value, for the standard of rooms. Check it out.

I might stay there in April.

6. Re: Hotel for 18yr olds that's NOT The Bounty!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 10:21