We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do and see in Ubud

sunshine coast...
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Topic
Things to do and see in Ubud

Hi ,

I am taking my newbie girlfriend to Ubud for a few days maybe and have only done day trip up there on the way to somewhere else.

Open for suggestions for must dos !!:-))

Thanks Sue

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

I would say the Monkey Forest, not just the monkeys, but the temples too and also worth checking out some spas. I thought the prices in Ubud compared to the UK where a steal ..... you get so much more for your money.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

If you like to walk the Champung Trail is lovely, and I like the walk along Bisma Lane as well. The people watching in Ubud is pretty good too, just park yourself at a cafe and watch the world go by.

sunshine coast...
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

Hey Lizzy ,

What is the Champung Trail ........and where is Bisma lane ?

Thanks Sue

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

Hi Sue, Champung trail is west along JL Raya towards the bridge and just before this on the right hand side is the Ibah hotel (Warrick) you take this path and there is a cafe right near the other end. Bisma lane runs parrallel with Monkey Forest Road, so turn left at the top of MFR then take the next left. You can follow this all the way till it is just a trail and crosses a bridge and it will bring you back out at the bottom of Monkey Forest Road.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder...
Level Contributor
228 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

Visit the Bumi Sehat Birthing Centre to make a donation.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

Walk through the rice fields to sari Organic for lunch I haven't eaten there yet but I've walked past and definitely going there next trip. www.sari-organik.com/about/bodag-meliah.html

An art class at the puri lukisan museum is fun.

There a few beautiful temples around Ubud, Gunung Kawi (Royal Monuments) and Pura Gunung Kawi (spring temple) are two of my favourite.

I like Bali Zoo, hand feed the tigers and lions with a pole or rope.

Taro Elephant Safari Park.

Look out for fireflies at night.

I'm going to check this out as recommended on another post:

QUOTE{ By the way, if you have lunch at Bridges you will be exactly across the street from a really sweet little temple popularly known as Campuhan temple. It doesn't have all the tourist shops in front with touts and is very photogenic with lovely jungle and river scenery. It sits at the beginning of the well-known Keliki Ridge Walk which ends in Payogan/Lungiskan Banjar.}

Here's a link to my blog with lots of photos scroll down past Amed to Ubud on the right hand side archives under 2011 are more Ubud photos and stories.

holidaywithpictures.blogspot.com.au/search…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

You must eat at Cafe Wayan, but best to book or you could be in for a wait. It is beautiful ,ask for a table in the garden. The food is lovely, especially the Nasi Campur and the fish. All of it actually.

brisbane
Level Contributor
528 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

Personally I would give the Monkey Forest a miss because those darn macaques are just too unpredictable!

I'd focus on exploring the greater area, walking, seeking out the multitude of fabulous eating spots, shopping, spa treats, more shopping & eating, people watching, and just relaxing and people watching as you sip you favourite beverage or two!

Make sure you see some traditonal dancing..Laka Leke offers dinner plus a show..which is great if you're on limited time. If your into animals, then the Bali Safari Park will be a highlight and a fun day out. If you love to both cook...what about a cooking course? White water Rafting is also great if your feeling a bit more adventurous.

IIf its a girlie few days in Ubud..then I'd be right into eating, shopping and spa treatments! Whatever you decide..enjoy!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do and see in Ubud

Things to do in ubud - some things

ubud tourist information centre – to left of markets

ubud markets

ubud palace, puri saren agung

pura marajan agung – gate

pura desa ubud – for community

pura taman saraswati – left of market right side – via café lotus – pond – dance

agung rai museum of art – dance and gamelan practice

pasar ubud

Puppet shows

Dance show

Cooking class

175 000 adult 125 child

Spas

monkey forest sanctuary

Walks - see lonely Planet guide

Ricefield walk

Museum Puri Lukisan; Yayasan Ratna Wartha Ubud (prices 2009)

Open daily: 9am to 5pmPhone: 0361 975136/971159Email: museumpl@indo.net.id www.museumpurilukisan.com

Art and cultural work shops

Gamelan 1-1.5 hours Rp 125,000

Mask Painting 4 hours, Rp 250,000

Basketry 4 hours Rp 200,000

Flute Playing 1-1.5 hours Rp 125,000

Traditional Painting: natural style (this the bright coloured bird/flower style) Rp 325,000

Batik 1 -2 Days Rp 425,000

Balinese dance 1-1.5 hours Rp 125,000

Shadow puppet making 2 days Rp 7000,000

Wood carving 1 day Rp 375,000

Bead work 3hours or 4 hours Rp 200,000

Kite Making, Classical painting and Offering

20% discount small group

links to ubud things to do

Ubud blog

…blogspot.com/2011/06/bali-ubud-17-to-19-apr…

Ubud you tube

ubud 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELK_p8jsVnc

ubud monkey forest 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoZZ7GZpY4

ubud ricefield walk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgaTqt2JNTI

Blog

…blogspot.com/2009/07/bali-ubud.html

youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyR7xeid7I

Adelaide, Australia