We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Kuta to Lovina

Antwerp
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
From Kuta to Lovina

Hi,

We will be arriving in Bali at around midnight. For that first night we'll be staying somewhere in Kuta but in the morning we want to go immediately to Lovina. Do we have to arrange anything before we arrive? Or how do we find a car + driver to bring us to Lovina? Can a hotel arrange this in, let's say, half an hour or so or do we charter a taxi in the street? And does anyone have an idea of what a fair price would be for the trip?

Thanks for any advice!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

We arrived late and stayed at Legian and had to organise our driver for the next day also. The waiter at our hotel asked us if we needed a driver to get around (it was his brother-in-law). Alternatively, you can ask the hotel reception. Or just ask on the street. Everyone is always asking you if you want transport.

We paid 600,000 for our trip but I asked for a tour, not just transport. Our driver stopped at restaurant for lunch with the most beautiful rice terrace views, then Ulun Danu Temple, Lake Beratan and we also stopped to feed the monkeys in the mountains. So we were happy to pay the 600,000rp.

If you are just driving straight thru you might get it cheaper, you will just have to negotiate.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

600000 is pretty dear!A driver for the day is usually under 500000.I can recommend Sila,but contact any of the recommended drivers.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

Hi,

Thanks. I did look at the drivers for a day trip later on when we're in Ubud and I did see prices around 400.000 to 500.000 .

Emuplains: You would arrange a driver before arriving in Bali? Not just search someone in the morning?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

Yes I would arrange from home.much easier while you have a computer and time.Also if preferred driver is not available you can keep looking at the list.you dont have to confirm itineraries yet but at least lock the driver in.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
590 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

Emuplains, as I stated I was quite happy to pay 600,000rp for a "Tour" not "Transport". Our driver had to come from Legian to pick us up at Lovina at 10.ooam, so must have left about 7.00. We didn't get to our hotel until about 7.00pm that night after all the stops we made. I could have screwed him down to 500,000 (not even A$10) but I felt he was worth it and when I went to bed that night my concience was clear.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

GKCH, how many of you are travelling and how much luggage?

7. Re: From Kuta to Lovina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 10:46