We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

I have bookings in October and needed to add more people to our flight but ALL flights have disappeared from the booking system from May onwards.....is this another route going down the drain??

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

My booking is in May and from Darwin and now you got me panickinig. Need to check right now.

South Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

Bump - It looks like another one bits the dust. Sorry for all those that have already booked

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

OMG. If i didnt happen to look in this forum I would have had no idea. Damn. I had already planned and booked our special trip. I'm sure AAsia will refund, but now the holiday budget will skyrocket with full fare flights elsewhere. Very upset that this is how i had to find out. AAsia happily send me those emails notifying me of new sales but what about vital info like we are cancelling our Darwin routes, please check.

4. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2012, 19:40
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

Yes its very frustrating. I dont know if i should go ahead and book with jetstar or wait. I just want tickets booked so its not so stressful. It really is appalling that they keep customers in the dark.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

Thankyou for posting this. I was about to book for May with AA. Just went over and booked with Jetstar. Prices are still good, but I expect them to go up pretty quickly. Of course the one particular day I wanted was more expensive than everything else that week.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

has anyone got through to air asia as I also have flights from bali to darwin booked, I rang but they did not tell me anything, just they are not sure if cancelled as yet. traci

Victoria
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

OMG! I have 3 families all booked for July! peak time...can anyone confirm? aaghhhh I am stressed to the max now....

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

The last flight is listed as 29 April. I checked and there is no flight schedule for after this. I booked my Darwin-Canberra flight ages ago with QANTAS and was checking the Air Asia site frequently for the last month to see if they had the Denapasar to Darwin leg on sale. Until this week all the regular flights were showing for the first week of May. Now there's no availability.

The Sydney Morning Herald had an article in January about Air Asia X flights to Europe being cancelled. It says:

"AirAsia X says affected passengers will be emailed a range of options, including a full refund, a rebooking to another AirAsia X destination such as Australia, Japan or Korea or a switch to an alternative carrier where available."

I couldn't find any information about whether these promises have been honoured.

Victoria
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: has AirAsia cancelled Darwin route?

ok my girlfriend got thru and they said website is down while they are updating schedules but that route is still going you just can't book yet, maybe they are changing flight times? hope that is all it is....