We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer HNR

Minnesota
Level Contributor
268 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
First timer HNR

We arrived in beautiful Bali yesterday and I wanted to post some quick first impressions. We are staying at Villa Theresa in Canggu and it is beyond gorgeous. The Internet photos do not do justice to the actual place. Lucky us.

Second, you can read about Bali traffic and still be completely unprepared for the real thing LOL. I just marvel at the way people can navigate the whole thing. And I am very glad I am riding with a competent driver.

Finally, I love all the new tastes and smells of the food. Tonight, we had a whole suckling pig. OMG. The best ever.

I am in love with Bali!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer HNR

It certainly is a new experience to the uninitiated - just soak it all in, enjoy it while you can, and head back home at the end of it with a big old Bali smile on your face.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer HNR

I love a Bali newbie, it reminds you of the wonder we all felt. Enjoy!!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer HNR

I'm with Lizzy.... newbies bring back all the great memories of when it was my first time and how I felt. Have a great time and enjoy the rest of your trip. Try and post a JBR when you get back.

Sue

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
938 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer HNR

Have a great trip, Bali has a way of enticing you back again and again and again. I look forward to reading your JBR.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer HNR

I love Bali too!!!

Thanks for sharing your first impressions, enjoy the rest of your trip and I look forward to reading more :)

Cheers

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer HNR

Welcome to the Baliholics club, you are hooked now for life and its going to cost you a fortune to pay for your "Fix"

cheers john

7. Re: First timer HNR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2012, 06:05
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timer HNR

Always happy to hear someone loving Bali on their first trip.

Enjoy

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First timer HNR

The more cheaper way to get your daily Bali fix would be to log on to TA daily and read all about it from other people JBR.

Welcome to the Baliholic support group! Glad you are enjoying yourself now.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First timer HNR

Ha ha - lol MK K....love it - exactly right - this forum is absolutely the Baliholic support group!!