We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest sim card

delhi
10 posts
Save Topic
cheapest sim card

which is one of the cheapest service provider of mobile service.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest sim card

There is very little difference, they are very cheap. I use indosat (Mentari) or Telekomsel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest sim card

I have found Simpati to be cheap and reliable for calls back to Australia....not sure about Delhi tho......

delhi
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest sim card

Thanks a lot

delhi
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest sim card

thanks a lot

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapest sim card

every post say cheap what is the adverage price for a sim card ?thank you Aussie

6. Re: cheapest sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 March 2012, 09:37
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheapest sim card

Rp 5,000, many resellers put a premium on top of this. Around Rp 10,000 is a common price in a handfone shop or a warung.

Rp 15,000 is a bit too much unless you are in a really far flung location and the vendors turn-over is very limited.

A nice combination of numbers might attract a higher price, maybe Rp15,000-20,000.

The site linked below lists many of the available cards and displays their prices. (they are not in Bali however the prices are the same across Indonesia)... www.smcell.co.id/products/43/0/Starter-Pack/

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
396 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheapest sim card

Out of vague interest and a desire to be able to check stock prices, tripadvisor and download podcasts I asked around for an internet data SIM card my last time in Kuta (about a month back). The place in Matahari tried to sell me a month long thing for 150,000Rp and when I made it clear I was only there for 4 days and didn't need to use it much they didn't budge, 150,000Rp or nothing. So I walked away.

Someone in a random shop (not an actual phone shop) offered another for 50,000Rp but that was clearly a second hand or contract SIM card and they wouldn't go below 50,000Rp.

I've seen many times on tripadvisor that there are 5-15,000Rp options. Where would you go to find them?

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheapest sim card

go to circle k i found them pretty good they set it up for me,and didnt ask for any rupiah but i gave them 20000 for their time ,whats $2.50 not even a middi.

just a thought

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cheapest sim card

http://www.telkomsel.com/paketflash

There was a promo running for several months that provided a Telkomsel Flash SIM with unlimited access for 1 month, then you recharge as required. That was Rp 50,000, but I have long since forgotten the exact details. That may explain the different offerings. At the time other packages (same card) were Rp 100,000.

Edited: 17 March 2012, 10:27