We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Items worth Buying

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Items worth Buying

While on your trips to Bali what items have you found you should get there that are better and cheaper than at home ? It can be anything at all.

For example Silverlight Bandaids

Cheers Ian

104 replies to this topic
gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Items worth Buying

the bintang its beter than our beer. kobrob

Perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Items worth Buying

Beer and food.

And couch covers.

Oh, and Panadol Extra - panadeine with caffeine in it.

Edited: 31 March 2012, 11:49
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,331 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Items worth Buying

Silver jewellery.

Cushion covers.

Art.

Banana cake.

Myers Dark Rum (a bargain in DPS Duty Free).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Items worth Buying

Beanbags.

Bandaids and eyedrops

Handbags

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,341 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Items worth Buying

Toiletries are a lot cheaper in Bali. Things like soap toothpaste, toothbrushes and that sort of thing. I've often bought a heap of those items in Bali which I make up into packs and give to the homeless here in Perth.

Shoes, t-shirts, manicure & pedicure, massage, cigarettes (if you're into that sort of thing) copy dvds, copy watches (some of which are not particularly good) and of course as punchdrunkoala rightly points out, beer and food.

Hope that helps start off your shopping list. I'll probably think of a dozen other things later, but that's all I can quickly think of.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Items worth Buying

Art and handmade items - their work is often very intricate. Silverware IF you know what you're buying and how much to buy for.

Toiletries (compared to australia), however I found the prices comparative to other countries in Asia so didn't bother.

And of course, Bali salt (better then the rubbissh you buy in the supermarkets at home), vanilla beans, spices and sate paste.

Eta - Panadol with caffeine is awesome!

Edited: 31 March 2012, 12:12
Australind
Level Contributor
461 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Items worth Buying

Oil of Ulay Total Effects, Sensadyne and electric tooth brush heads!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Items worth Buying

We stock up on Harmony soap, Hanasaplast Bandaids, especially the transparent waterproof ones, molto fabric softener, kispray ironing spay, soffell mosquito spay in the tiny little handbag 30ml size, Stella car smelly things and incense.

Last November I also purchased two outdoor big lounge beanbags for out by our pool and will definitely buy some more next trip and they were definitely much cheaper than here.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Items worth Buying

Australindjillie, that sensodyne sure is much, much cheaper in Bali, my mum brought back so many on our trip in November, I thought customs may have thought she was going to try and sell it!

Perth
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Items worth Buying

I don't remember the last time I needed a band aid. I'm guessing that very popular suggestion is for people with kids :P

Reply to: Items worth Buying
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted