We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Wollongong
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Hey all!

Just a quicky, can anyone who has stayed at the Hard Rock in Kuta confirm that the swimming pool security is extremely tight?

For example.....

Is it true that all bags are checked carefully for food, drinks (alcoholic & non) and even water, and that these cannot be 'smuggled' into the pool area, even discreetly?

We recently stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, and the pool guys there were so security conscious that they basically 'patted down' my girlfriend, who was only wearing a bikini!

What was she going to hide in there???

Is the hard rock in Kuta any different? There have been a few dodgy reviews of this hotel over the last month, and we are wondering if we have made the right choice- it will be our first time in Indonesia.

Any info on this hotel would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Hi, the security guards are really strict. You can't take food or drinks into the pool area they will take them from you and you can collect them as you exit. They also check that you are a guest, my parents came to visit and we had to go and confirm that they were just visiting us! We took drinks and nibbles down to the chill out pool and no one questioned us. There was no patting us down in our cossies thank God!!

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Are you staying with children? We only stayed there for the kids, it's not our cup of tea, just a big western style hotel but the pool area and kids club is great for kiddies. I prefer a lw rise/villa style complex with tropical gardens.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

we stayed there and for the first few times the guard went through the bags each time. after a few days he just waved us through. there was no patting down. i think you can take bottles of water though. you can forget the duty free though.

if you can be bothered, there is a deli near the top of stairs going down to the pool that does great sandwiches & rolls (even pies) much cheaper than the poolside splash bistro.

but the pool is excellent.

Wollongong
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Thanks for the helpful tips guys, especially about the deli!

Our idea of a holiday (we have no kids) is lazing by the pool, reading, and drinking cocktails, interspersed with little naps! THATS why we picked the Hard Rock, as it is known for its great pool area- but is it really that great?

We have 8 nights there, towards the end of June- we are paying approx $141.00 AUD per night inc taxes, do you think at those prices the HRH represents good value, or should we be looking at other hotels?

Its our first time to Bali, and at that time of year, $140 wont buy much in the way of decent hotel rooms, will it?

Any thoughts?

The strict security is a bit of a turn off! For food and alcohol, that is.

Thanks again for your tips people!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

with no kids try all season legian

my boss is in the hard rock today for 8 nite with wife 2 kids they got 100usd direct with hotel , they haggle with them to get good '

last month friends got back from hard rock

dirty /smelly rooms ,they stayed there 2 years ago

never again as they told me

but everyone is different

chris

Edited: 10 April 2012, 05:59
Brisbane
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

there are plenty of couples that stay at the hard rock, but if you are staying during school holidays, there will be heaps of kids. there is also a chill out pool in another area so make sure you check that out as well as it may be more to your liking.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

what sort of room have you booked?

Wollongong
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Just the base room, I think its called the deluxe. Which, by the sounds of it, means it will have even more mould and mildew and weird odours than the more expensive rooms? Ha ha!

What have we done! I'm thinking of canceling...... I thought that was a cheap

price for peak season.

I was thinking of the padma, but it is HEAPS more expensive.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

if it were me with just my partner and not the kids i'd be looking at price and availability of the following: padma, niksoma, mandira, holiday inn, kumala pantai, puri raja.

Wollongong
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hard Rock Hotel Pool Security?

Cool! Will check those properties out.

Thanks!