We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin business class to Bali

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin business class to Bali

Has anyone flown Virgin business class to Bali? Just trying to decide if it is worth the extra dollars..... Thanks in advance

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

how much xtra is it please ,

i did garuda business a few years ago , they used to have stand by business if seats empty $125 perth to bali about 10 years ago

Edited: 11 April 2012, 13:01
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

i have flown economy to bali with virgin australia...i for a portion of the flight sat in one of the seats due to turbulence and to be honest....they aren't that much more comfortable than the economy seats. more room, yes, but there is a reason why they are always empty....

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

It is fairly close to double the cost...... I am going in school holidays (only time my friend can go) and I can't believe the price of the flights

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
345 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

Virgin business doesn't look much to me (from the view in economy). But like you I have wondered. I do fly Jetstar business to Bali from Sydney. I can usually get that for 599 - 799 depending on dates. As I always fly back via Perth I do economy for that leg - short flight - with Virgin. However, Jetstar business has deteriorated in the last 6 months - ie no access to lounge now and meals have gone a bit down hill, but still a heap easier and more comfortable.

West Darlington
Level Contributor
90 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

Hi kenjala Many years ago I had the chance to fly business or first class to various parts of the world with my job - which spoilt me for cattle class forever. And there's no way I can afford it nowadays. The last few trips to Bali we have travelled Jetstar and paid the bit extra (I think about $39 per person per trip) to get one of the exit rows. We also did one return trip on Garuda Executive (business) class and paid quite a bit more. As it's only a relatively short trip from Perth (3.5 hours or thereabouts) the exit row does it for me because you get the extra leg room if nothing else. And I get to use the Qantas Club in Perth because I pay to be a member. End of the day if you hop off the plane in Bali having travelled at the lowest fare you can think of all the extra money you have to spend on the ground. For me, I think a little bit of luxury is worth the extra spend - others will enjoy having saved a few bucks and getting to spend it on the ground. It's really a personal value choice. However you get there I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

Does anyone know the exact price of Virgin Business Class to Bali. I was under the impression that service was not avaliabe. (well ex Perth anyway)

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

Virgin Has been upgrading their business class - they started out with a premium economy seat - which just had the middle seat blocked out and a bit more leg room but nothing significant.

They are now converting cabins to a better product.

All I can say is that I priced it from Sydney for a trip in May.

It was going to cost me $2900 AUD for SYD DPS SYD

Garuda who has an outstanding business class product from Sydney and Melbourne, lie flat seats and amazing service, was $2600.

I shopped around and got an amazing deal, I am now flying

SYD DPS CGK SIN CKG SYD all in business and it cost me with taxes $1890

So unless you get a really good price I would avoid the Virgin business class product to Bali

Business from Perth is now showing as $809 outbound and $755 return

so that is $1564 which seems like a lot of money for a 3 hr flight in each direction.

At least the Sydney flight justifies the cost with the length of the flight and the overnight on the way home

Central Coast
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

We are Velocity members... We had booked 4 seats in "so called Business Class"... I can not tell you of our disappointment....

Firstly....2 hours after check in... At the gate, I was bumped from Business to economy. Apparently they had over booked and I was the last person to book. OCTOBER 2011!...I was traveling with 2 children aged 2 & 8 and also my husband celebrating his 40th birthday. It was an absolute joke! Not even a glass of champagne? Seats were uncomfortable, only 2 rows of business class seats, 8 seats in total. Dividing Business class from economy was a piece purple coloured Perspex and a magnetic rope.. Food was crap! A vegetarian pie, economy had a meat pie but had to pay $10.. It is not....BUSINESS CLASS!I was told I would get a refund...DO NOT PAY THE EXTRA... It is not worth it, we are regular travellers and actually hate Jetstar too, but Jetstar star class was much better. Highly over rated. We travelled on the 4th April and are still in Bali now and dreading our flight home.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

My advice?

Don't waste money buying 'premium seats' on low cost carriers. If you wanna go business/first, go through the legacies (Qantas, etc.)

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
256 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin business class to Bali

We have and honestly it was not worth the dollars and have no intention of doing so again. Food wise it is the same as the rest of the plane and coming back they had just about run out of everything except for a few sandwiches (yuk) fortunately being overnight didn't feel like eating. The only plus was you are first off the plane.