We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to pay for arrival visas

Uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
How to pay for arrival visas

Hi

Do I have to pay cash for arrival visas? We arrive late at night, will any money chngers be open? Thx

Nic

perth
Level Contributor
300 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

You can pay in aust $ or US$ - US$25 or the equivalent in $A

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

Yes, you have to pay cash US$25 per person. You pay this before you go through immigration so you need to have the cash with you before you travel. Have a look at the VOA, Departure Tax and Taxis guide on the right hand side of this forum.

perth
Level Contributor
300 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

You can pay in any currency - it is quoted in US$ but there is a board behind the VOA counter with other currency prices. The cost is US $25

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

u have to pay before u get to money changers

go to the bank and get usd or pay 27 aud i think

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

you can pay in your own currency, they are also now accepting credit card. Money exchangers are not available where you buy your Visa.

DON'T bother to exchange your money to US before you leave just to pay the VOA. It used to be recommended to have the exact amount of US$ as there was some problems with dishonest workers but the problem has been resolved.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,300 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

You can pay in GBP, however the rate is $25USD. The Visa staff will do the conversion for you if not paying in USD and you'll get your change in rupiah. However if I'm stood behind you in the queue, I'll be tapping my foot impatiently.

Personally I prefer to buy my USD in the UK, turn up at the VOA counter, pass the USD to them, then I get my VOA stickers. Then I proceed to the immigration queue. It's a quick and effortless transaction.

As blocker mentions in text speak, the money changers are after you've gone through immigration and customs. There are ATMs next to the luggage belt however.

Uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

USD it is noodle boy, wouldn't want to get your holidays off to a bad start;-)

Thanks everyone

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

go to your local Post Office and buy $usd if you over order $usd are easy changed in Bali

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

the poster is from the UK not australia:)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to pay for arrival visas

They have post offices in the UK that sell currancy the same as Oz bruisyard will verifi this