We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

McLaren Vale...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

Hi! I'm going to Bali in a week and have been taking just your average multi vitamins and digestive health tablets in preparation for my trip to avoid illness and I need to keep taking them daily while I'm over there, is it going to be ok to take the already opened bottles on the plane? Thanks :)

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

Hi Rac801

We always take vitamins to Bali but put them in zip lock bags in our checked luggage. You don't need to take your open bottles on the plane, do you? We have never had any kind of problem with them.

Cheers

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

Same as ilab, put them in your bag and don't worry about it, just make sure the label matches the contents:)

If you want to be thorough declare them on the arrivals declaration form.

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

I arrived last week with a stack of vitamins and medications, some in opened bottles others in ziplock bags. I packed them all in our luggage and no-one cared less. I declared food on the form and went to the red gate. No one cared less there either, just waved us through without looking at anything.

I'd just pack them in your luggage and not worry about them.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

LOL - they are only interested in 2 things it seems - drugs and alcohol!

Cheers

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

thank heavens they have not introduced sex and rock and roll into the mix, then it could all get quite out of hand...

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

i make a point of taking fresh bottles with the seals unbroken so they can see they have come from a factory.

However I do agree with the other posters - that you do get waved thru pretty routinely - unless you have glass in your bags , I do think that the prime interest of the officials is who can they get some top pocket money from ......

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

I was stopped in january this year at customs when my bags got x rayed. They wanted to check a bag that was loaded with medication. They could see syringes on the x ray as these seemed to be their main focus of attention when they went through it. Once I showed them the doctors letter and they could see everything was labelled and in original packaging they were satisfied.

I have declared numerous times and just been waved through.

McLaren Vale...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

Thanks everyone :) all very helpful!

9. Re: Ok to take OPEN bottles of multi vitamins to Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:17