We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

First of all I would like to say Hi to everyone here. I have been following posts on this site for weeks now and have gained so much information. We have been to Bali 5 times but the last time was 16 years ago so we are expecting big changes unfortunately. We will be staying at the Ida Hotel on reccommendation of friends but I would love to hear of other peoples experiences as well.

Thankyou all in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

Oh I forgot to say we will be heading to paradise in 31 days.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

Hi Pam, glad you are posting now, welcome to the forum (the best Bali forum).

Look I love the Ida hotel, a friend of mine manages it (Australian lady) and it's behind Mataharis and Kuta square so very central but very very quiet.

Lovely gardens, lovely staff, lovely pool, restaurant open until midnight and right next to the pool for drinks etc.

I believe cable tv now in the rooms.

The reason I no longer stay there is because it's got too expensive. We need the bungalow as there are 3 of us and the normal rooms are not that big.

Price of Bungalows doubled.

But I like it and would happily stay there.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297697-d629…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

Thankyou for your reply. It does put my mind at rest. We have been lucky in that our friends have organised an upgrade for us which is really lovely. I just can't wait to touch down in Bali as long as my hubby can drag me onto the plane,

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

I am guessing you mean an upgrade to the bungalows then ??

They are lovely, jump onto that plane with gutso, you will have a wonderful stay at the Ida.

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

There are some nice rooms but there are some really revolting rooms there. Depends also on the weather as if it rains the gang into Ida floods terribly and taxis wont go down it. We stayed for 2 nights and moved

sydney
Level Contributor
454 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

We liked the Ida, location handy and found the deluxe bungalow room economical (through Bali discovery) for a family of 4 (2 queen beds). However, the attack of killer bed bugs somewhat soured the experience though I guess it can happen anywhere (read my recent review) though management were OK to deal with.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

The bed bugs sound a worry. Is there anything you can recommend that we can buy to spray the mattress with to kill them?

Perth
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

I just saw this...ok, I read about the bed bugs some time ago but looked at recent reviews before I posted this and they were good.

Maybe they were dealt with.

As I said, an Australian lady manages it , Leanne, why dont you email and address it to her and enquire about the bed bugs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

THanks for your reply Perthlovetotravel. I think we will just worry about it if it happens. Our bookings are made and I am sure all will be fine. I just wish our time to travel would hurry up.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
99 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opinions on the Ida Hotel Please

Hi Pam Just back from Ida. Suggest take killer mozzie spray and air freshener for bathroom. Also when taking taxi no one knows the Ida Hotel......... it's the Eeda Hotel as in Dutch pronunciation.