We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

I just really have to say a Big Thank you to you all on this forum who contribute so regularly your time, knowledge and experiences. The DE's and many many other regular contributers, too many of you to name, but you all know who you are.

I started planning my first trip to Bali around Oct/Nov last year when I booked my flights...and still have another 5 months to go before I even get there....but, without the friendly bunch of people that are on here helping us all I wouldn't be nearly as confident or composed about the dream trip I've been planning on visiting for the last 15years.

I have a Bali addiction and haven't even been there yet...mostly thanks to the 'buzzy' Bali atmosphere here on the forum!

In the meantime the forum members continue sharing such valuable information that I keep frantically saving to a folder that is growing bigger and bigger and I don't see myself being that unprepared now - a whole year of sharing your ideas and experiences - (I feel like I've been there a dozen times over!).

I just wanted to thank you all formally, your time is very much appreciated.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

I would also like to say thank you! I read everything on the Bali Forum every day and have 8 days to go! Its such a great wealth of knowledge happily shared and makes a huge difference to go to Bali fully prepared. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

I wish that I had found the forum before my first trip!

I am heading over for my 6th trip in 33 sleeps but check the forum and learn something new almost everyday. I also love reading all the JBR's about other peoples holiday experiences and really appreciate everyones contributions too, thanks all :)

Wollongong
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

I have to say that i have been doing a bit of travelling over the last year and some of the DE's on other forums for other countries can be extremelly condescending and rude. Not on the Bali Forum where you can even get a few laughs as well. Its the only forum where i accidently look for the "like" button (ie facebook) on some peoples replies lol.

well done

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

I have to agree. I stumbled across the forum earlier this year while researching our stay in Tanjungbenoa, an area we had never visited let alone stayed in. Now I'm addicted!! And I also wish their was a "like" button for some of the posts.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

It's nice to know that people really do appreciate the forum members contributions.

I also wished I had known about the forum for my first 6 or so trips.

And I still learn something new most days.

Victoria Texas
Level Contributor
392 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

Well, we're three days away from finishing up an incredible 3 weeks in Bali, thanks in large part to info I picked up on this forum. I've been a TA reader for some years and some trips and the Bali group is by far the most helpful. And I've even learned a few words of "Australian"....I'll be calling stupid drunks bogans when I get back to the states though I dunno about wearing a singlet.''

One more point to add, this group is great support when you're already in Bali. I had a near trauma experience with camcorder batteries (OK near trauma not, but if you have so little stress in a vacation setting that camcorder batteries are near trauma that must make it a good vacation) and the TA folks came through (thanks again HappyNoodles).

I'd just encourage everyone who said thanks to remember that all of us have an experience or twelve to share. I'm still promising a Trip Report after this vacay and I'm patrolling the Amed and Pemuteran subforums to see if I can share any current knowledge based on our stays there.

A large round of applause for the Bali Forum

joe

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,662 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

Awww. It's always nice to see a Thank You thread.

The Bali Forum is very much a sum of it's parts and is a huge team effort thanks to it's regular contributors, and generally friendly banter mixed with good information. It's also the second busiest forum on Tripadvisor so we all must be doing something right.

I was thinking the other day that I wished we had a resource such as this, and also the Reviews sections, before embarking on my travels many years ago. The site and forum isn't perfect by any means, but it's certainly a step in the right direction for travellers.

South Morang
Level Contributor
124 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

I am with everyone's responses. I am reading on TA in the Bali forum everyday and constantly checking for new reviews. We have 98 sleeps before our third visit, and checking out daily as we are heading to Lombok, then different areas of Bali for 3 weeks. So can't wait. Also have a folder of all the hints, that I am learning each day. Adore the friendly ppl on here and their great advice in a very polite comical ways. Love reading everyone's experience.

Just hoping to find that someone did not get seasick going to and from lombok via sea........ Oh I am dreading that voyage of our next trip in August.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

This is a wonderful forum and such a great learning tool.

Each and every person that contributes helps each and everyone of us to have a lovely holiday experience in Bali.

I have lost count of my Bali trips over the years but each trip sees me experiencing something new thanks to this forum.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
683 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali Forum - Great advice and a friendly bunch of people

Could not agree more. I am not a regular contributor on this forum but I am a regular Bali visitor and I read this forum almost everyday. The regular contributors are very helpful, friendly and provide excellent knowledge.