We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Bali

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in Bali

Hi,

I'm going to be travelling through Indonesia at the end of the year and am planning on being in Bali through Xmas and New Year.

We're thinking of spending around 6 weeks (or more) in Bali.

Does anyone have any reccomendations regarding where is best to stay etc? We would like to be centrally located. As it's Xmas/New Year time we know it will be busy! So don't want to wait till last minute as a lot of places will be booked up.

If anyone has any kind of information that they think would help, please feel free to reply!

Thank you.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Bali

Hi J33 and welcome to the Bali forum. Personally if I had 6 weeks in Bali I'd be looking at spending time in quite a few different places rather than be based in just one centrally located place. But since you've specifically mentioned this, I would put the question back to you as to what exactly you're looking for? There are a number of different destinations in Bali that each have their own character. Without knowing more detail, it's really difficult to make a firm recommendation.

One thing to point out is that you'll need to apply in advance to the embassy in the UK for a 60 day tourist visa, as the visa on arrival is only valid for 30 days, but you may know this already.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Bali

as with HNB. in six weeks, i'd advised also to stay at a number of places. eg mayne a wek each.

but if you want to be centrally located with lots of facilities around you then the south east or south west of bali is the place. from here you can do lots of day trips to the other parts of bali.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Bali

Bali Is fun through New Years but you do know its the Wet season? Its very hot and Humid and it will be raining, But in 6weeks Im sure you will get some good days! Are you on a Budget? Are you looking for young places for Partying? I'd almost want to wing it, rather than locking in places for that length of time??

If you want to Party, stay in Kuta or Legian The bounty is where all the young ones stay but its pretty run down from what I've heard, Air cons broken, leaking etc. but it has 24 hour bars and parties every night! I think its over priced for the standard of the rooms. Look for Hotels in Poppies 1 & Poppies 2 they are just streets in Kuta that are popular with young people and close to everything. otherwise I love South Kuta but you might pay more for the hotels down there coz they're nicer and on the Beach.

Theres a Hotel Called Kuta Beach Club and its Smack bang in the middle of Kuta close to the big Supermarket, across the road from Markets and at the end of those markets is the Beach! I love it coz a lot of Aussies are there but some people say its full of oldies! Another great Middle of the range Hotel is the Lokha in Legian, nice clean and in a great location near heaps of restaurants.

There is a new looking hotel right near all the night clubs called 101.... No Idea what its like but its so close to all the night Life. Also check out The Barong which is the sister hotel to the Bounty or the Satriya down Poppies 2 (I think) but no travel companies book it you have to book through the hotel its just in a great location!

Good Luck!!!!

4. Re: Accomodation in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:15