We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travels in flores

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
travels in flores

hi

this is a blog link to my trip in flores. i stayed mainly around maumere. i had walks,watched arak making, snorkeled, hospital visit and talked to heaps of locals and tourists. very beautiful part of the planet with very nice people.

…blogspot.com.au/2012/05/flores-2012-i-left-…

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travels in flores

Hi RockT

Thanks for the link...enjoyed your musings on Flores..lovely to see the coral surviving and growing strong unlike other places in the world. Your videos show us a side of travel away from the mainstream of tourist destinations...always a pleasure to watch and soak up the way life really is for these islanders. Did you taste the Arak ? ...brave man if you did !!

Made me smile... your comment about the ladies!!! Hope your foot is on the mend but I reckon it was Karma that you were there for that fellow traveller at a time when he needed somebody to talk to.

Happy Travels

KCC

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travels in flores

Another great read,so sorry to hear about your foot.

Sometimes things happen for a reason and im sure your very sad new friend appreciated the time you gave him.

Thanks for sharing.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,326 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travels in flores

As usual, a great read. Indo pain killers and 2 bottles of red wine...that's the way to go. Just for medicinal purposes, what was the brand of wine?

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travels in flores

Hi,

A very enjoyable read.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,005 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travels in flores

RockT, this has got to be one of the most intense, interesting, painful and sometimes beautiful trips you have had...almost disappearing under a cloud of squabbling ladies and their weavings, almost chopped-up by the bamboo cutters, almost passing out from over indulging in arak fumes, almost floating away on the ocean, hurting your foot badly and then finally, being a such a great support to someone who desperately needed a shoulder to lean on and someone to listen to them.

I think you deserve another holiday...thanks for the read, the movies and the piles of hermit crabs.

Edited: 31 May 2012, 03:56
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travels in flores

rockterrigal,

thanks for sharing your experience with us. appreciated it. it's very interesting to read about the 'roadblock by bamboo'. i heard about it before. lucky the 2000rp solved the problem. it's cross my mind to travel whole indo starting from medan drive all the way to padang - bengkulu - lampong - by ferry - jakarta - semarang - surabaya - banyuwangi - and finally bali. lot of peoples warned me about this 'roadblock' issue and honestly, i'm a bit of worry about it. btw, thanks again for your blog link and wish you fully recovery for your foot.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travels in flores

hi

thanks for the thanks.

TLM - the foot is still a bit sore but fime for surfing.

kcc - no arak for me

fame - australian red is as much as i can remember

CH - thanks

sue - it was relaxingly intense - once the foot happened i switched to 'gowithanyflow' mode. it was a different and i'm keen to go back. yes i need/want/would like another holiday.

daniel - sounds like a good idea - i met a couple who carred it from bali to sumba two years ago. there were a lot of advantages travelling that way. i wouldn't be too worried about the bamboo scam as a tourist i didn't feel any danger from them they just take your money with a smile.

8. Re: travels in flores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:43