We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Hi, I am flying Jetstar to Bali with carry on luggage only and wondered if the airlines still have the maximum 100ml of liquid that you can carry on board? Also, is that each tube only allowed 100ml. I vaguely remember travelling with a handcream that was 200ml and there was only about 50ml left and they said i could not carry it as it was a 200ml tube. Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Hi Karen

Yeah the 100ml applies to all international travel on all airlines. All liquids must be in a clear sealable plastic bag. Have a look here for all the details...

…infrastructure.gov.au/international/lags/in…

.........Containers larger than 100 millilitres, even if only partially-filled, will not be allowed through the security screening point.

Cheers

Leon

Edited: 31 May 2012, 13:53
Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Hi Leon, thanks, i wondered if this rule was still in. I had a feeling last time i flew from Darwin to Bali they were going to relax the 100ml rule. So that is correct if i have a moisuriser bottle of 150ml it will not be allowed. Is there a limit to how many 100ml containers you can take onboard? I am flying with carry on only and for a female it is a bit difficult with toiletries, skin care etc etc.I might have to buy some check in luggage. Cheers ex Adl girl

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

You can take as much as you like as long as it is in 100ml bottles/tubes etc and in clear plastic zip lock bags. Last time I flew, they confiscated my toothpaste! They do go through it all and embarrassingly repack it for you, if necessary. Just go to the airport prepared.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Hi, yes I was just reading up on the info that LWNJS sent me and it says you are only allowed 1 clear plastic bag 20cm x 20cm •The containers must be carried in one transparent, resealable plastic bag, like the one in the image below.•The four sides of the bag's sealed area must add up to no more than 80 centimetres (e.g. 20x20 cm or 15x25 cm).•The plastic bag must be the type that can be sealed and resealed with a sealing mechanism, like a sandwich bag or freezer bag.Only one bag is allowed for each passenger, with exceptions for carers who may carry the bag/s of the people in their care, including children. All containers must fit comfortably into the plastic bag and the bag must be sealed. I'm going to buy luggage now i have too much for carry on this includes makeup and handcream.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Yes it is going to be eased when new technology has been installed some time near 2013!

…infrastructure.gov.au/aa/…AA212_2011.aspx

Lou

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

The guidelines to assist passengers in understanding the current silliness are outlined very eloquently in the links provided on this webpage... http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/

There is a separate section for international travellers and domestic travellers as the current regulations differ between the two as determined by various international agreements and varying interpretations arising from a sometimes ludicrous misunderstanding of chemistry, the handling of chemicals, and the interactions that may occur between them when they are mixed together in some most highly improbable circumstances.

Edited: 31 May 2012, 17:09
Perth
Level Contributor
457 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

The maximum for any traveller is 1 litre in 100ml containers. ie 10 x 100ml.

Remember wherever you go you can buy most things if you run out 100ml of shampoo lasts 2 of us 3 weeks plus. Small tubes of toothpaste the same. If that helps.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,785 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

Instead of buying luggage you could buy your handcream etc in Bali - just a thought.

Dwellingup...
Level Contributor
291 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

We flew Jetstar and did carry on last month. I didn't bother bringing too many toiletries because I planned on getting it all over there. Nice products that smell great and are very cheap to buy! Plus now that I'm home, whenever I use them it reminds me of Bali!

p.s I should add that we did carry on there but checked on the way back ;)

Edited: 01 June 2012, 05:38
Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar carryon liquid quantities

most of the priceline type cosmetics and toiletries can be bought at carfour, hardys or bintang market. they are cheaper than oz and its a nice excuse to stock up on some new stuff when you arrive if you cant bring enough stuff in your carry on. I found they had good sunscreen, hand sanitisers, shampoo, toothpaste, moisturiser etc. carefour had all the regular sized stuff as well as lots of miniatures...