We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days spending money?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
12 days spending money?

Hey everyone. My boyfriend and I are wanting to go to Bali in September. I've been looking around the net for typical prices but it all seems to be $ with no distinction between US or AUS (pretty unhelpful). I was estimating about £900 ( 12million rupiahs).

So what would you reckon we'd need for 10days in Bali for:

eating in nicer restaurants

eating in local cafés

drinking 2-3 cocktails with dinner

a little shopping for gifts?

Also, how much would the average vodka lime soda cost?

cheers.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,449 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days spending money?

Hi Kris and welcome to the Bali forum.

Nine hundred quid should be more than adequate for either 10 or 12 days, in fact you might struggle to spend that much even if you're a hardened shopper and drinker. For 10 days for 2 people I'd normally budget around £600 and spend it in the manner you describe. However, I suppose it's better to take too much than not enough, just don't change it all to rupiah so you're not having to change it back if you end up with an excess at the end.

Drinks prices depend really on where you go and whether you manage to hit upon a Happy Hour or some other such offer, but I would expect to pay roughly £4 for a vodka lime soda. Imported alcohol is quite expensive thanks to heavy taxation. An arak lime soda would be roughly £1.50, but this excludes the additional cost of the Berocca you'd need to buy the following day.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days spending money?

we usually take around $100 aud between the two of us for the day... We do some shopping, get massages and food and drink. My sisters on the other hand budget $100 aud each per day as they drink lots of cocktails. they often spend more on two cocktails than my entire meal with a soft drink or beer has cost... keep an eye out for the 2 for 1 cocktail specials..

Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days spending money?

we usually take around $100 aud between the two of us for the day... We do some shopping, get massages and food and drink. My sisters on the other hand budget $100 aud each per day as they drink lots of cocktails. they often spend more on two cocktails than my entire meal with a soft drink or beer has cost... keep an eye out for the 2 for 1 cocktail specials..

4. Re: 12 days spending money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:17