We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Awake at 5.30 today, but I doze to 6.00.  I head out on my balcony to type my blog and am conscious of this being my second last day.  I am sad, but glad to be heading home to my children soon.  I have really missed them.  Every day there is something I want to show them, or do with them, though it is has been nice to have this couples time.  We head to breakfast at 7.00 and take our time people watching and watching the waves roll in.  I will miss being so close to the ocean.  We have some pool time, then head to Mugshots for our coffee.

After this we head down Padma Utara towards JL 66, but take the first turn left and cut up to JL Legian.  We walk all the way down this street, almost to JL Lakasmana, stopping to buy a dress and have  coke at Manikapis?  We notice the prices in the shops increase the further you go down, which is kind of funny, as it is same, same, but different all the way down as well.  On our return trip we cut down JL Dhyana Pura and walk along the beach path to Tekor for lunch. By the time we reach our hotel, we are ready to have a pool and rest.  It is hot today and we are in and out of the pool constantly.

We are soon restless again and do a lap of the block, including Garlic Lane.  I am looking for something interesting for my girls and find some purses and little bags in a leather shop on JL Legian, but do not have enough cash and their credit card machine is not working.  I will go back tomorrow.  We head home and have a couple of drinks on the decks, but I am feeling a little odd. I  realise I am probably dehydrated, so have a long cool shower and a big drink of water, then I am feeling okay again.  It is easy to dehydrate in the heat here, especially when you are walking so much.

We decide to head for Hu's for dinner, but forget how far it is.  It takes us over an hour to get there along JL Legian, but it is a nice walk at night with all the lights and music.  The restaurant is lovely, and the food is good, I like Hu's frozen Margarita and order a second one.  We head out onto the beach path for the walk home and check out the new Beachwalk arcade, which is part of the Sheraton.  It is huge and aimed at the more expensive end of the market.  We realise in a couple of years we are not going to recognise this strip, and it seems everything is going to be huge.  It makes us a little sad that Bali is changing so much.

We have walked about 20km today, including the walk with dinner and do not find anywhere that makes us want to stay for another drink, including Garlic Lane, which is strangely quiet this year, so we head home for a read, then a well earned sleep.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

I don't know how you do all that walking Lizzy! I'd be a melted mess! Enjoy your last day:)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,003 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

I agree Tanya, they certainly have spirit, Mr and Mrs Lizzie. I bet you lose weight whilst on holiday or do you walk as much at home?

Enjoy your last day/hours in Bali....

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

I don't want your holiday to end lol. What a great trip I will miss my daily reads. :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Would like to go to Mugshot's to give it a try . But I just can't seem to work out where it is.

Golden Beach...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Enjoy your last day tomorrow..safe travels x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Thanks again Lizzy, I have really enjoyed your daily blogs. Have a great last day!! :)

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Have enjoyed reading your daily reports, sounds like you have enjoyed your holiday, have a safe trip home, traci

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Thanks for sharing Lizzy,you and hubby must be ultra fit to be able to do all that walking.

looking forward to tomorrows uodate.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Been catching up on your adventures. I really enjoyed reading about your trip. Reports like these keep me addicted to TA.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lizzie's 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip - Legian Day 14

Thanks again Lizzy. I feel as if I've just walked a mile in your shoes.

Hope you have had a wonderful last day in Bali.

Safe travels for your return home.