We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving in bali in sep

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
diving in bali in sep

hi all,

i will be staying in seminyak, bali for a week this sept n would like to take 1 or 2 days out to dive.

as i've never dived in bali before, can anyone recommend any good dive shops, dive sites etc please?

thanks

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving in bali in sep

September is right in the middle of the Mola Mola season in Bali, and your chances of finding this fantastic fish are far greater than at any other time of the year. So I'd book myself in for a couple of dives on the Nusa Penida sites that are famous for Mola2 encounters. If you are more of a novice diver, try a day at Tulamben and visit the USAT Liberty shipwreck.

Unfortunately, basing yourself in Seminyak means that you are far from the dive centres, and will be adding a long drive to the dive centre onto your diving day(s).

Good dive shops: Bali Scuba, Crystal Divers, Blue Season in Sanur

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diving in bali in sep

In April this year we went to nusa lembongan and did a couple of dives over there. It was amazing. We dived with world diving who picked us up from the transfer over & were really great. Quality gear & instructors. Aug sept is sunfish time so that may be an idea. They are HUGE fish & would be amazing to see

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diving in bali in sep

Hi, this is my first time at posting on here :)

I have been reasearching this subject a lot lately as we are looking at diving on our next trip to Bali.

The dive companies that have great tripadvisor rankings and have been recommended to me by friends are Bali Breizh Divers in Sanur and Aqua Marine Divng in Petitenget.

Good luck :)

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diving in bali in sep

FYI Mola Mola = sunfish :D

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: diving in bali in sep

tks divewench, greent007 and kimngary for yur help, wow, i didn't know there r SO many choices.. will take a look at all the shops recommended by u guys.

thanks agn

6. Re: diving in bali in sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:16