We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much from Ubud to Amed?

Bridgetown...
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How much from Ubud to Amed?

How much should I expect to pay a driver to take my family of 6 from Ubud to Amed with some sightseeing along the way. How long would the journey take roughly?

Any suggestions for sightseeing? Places I would like to see are Tirtaganga Water Palace, Padangbai and Candidasa.

Any input would be appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much from Ubud to Amed?

With stops for sightseeing it's going to be almost a full day so a normal daily rate is appropriate. If you were just to drive it with no stops it's still about 2.5 hours, with stops and with the driver having to get back home. I would suggest that 400.000rp wouldn't be to high to pay, you may be able to get it slightly cheaper.

Bridgetown...
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much from Ubud to Amed?

Thanks Whinnie. I was quoted 600.000rp, which seemed quite steep. At least I have a ball park figure to work from now.

cheers

Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much from Ubud to Amed?

Rp.350,000 - 400,000 max.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much from Ubud to Amed?

I'd expect to pay 400,000 - 450,000 with stops on the way. As mentioned it's approx a 2 1/2 hour drive without stops. Some options for places to visit are Goa Lawah temple & bat cave, candidasa or padangbai for lunch, Taman Ujung, Tengenan Bali Aga Village, tirtagangga water gardens, Budakeling to see silversmiths at work,

5. Re: How much from Ubud to Amed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:17