We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

Just a noise question, as I'm on the count down to my trip and excited about trying new food :)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

Oops that was meant to say food or meal in Bali.

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

well i have many fond memories of meals from bali over the years. the creme caramel in the middle of a banana split at the nusa dua beach hotel cafe about 21 years ago, it had the most amazing mollassis type flavour with a beautiful texture, can taste it now.

the soup of the day at koris about 13 years ago, came in a massive bowl with a creamy base with smoked chicken and goey chunks of soft cheese melting in it, beautiful.

the smoked marlin appetizer around the other pool at kartika (demolished for discovery shopping centre) so full of flavour, mmmm.

my first ever frozen margarita on a sweltering hot night at the seafood buffet at the kartika.

an amazing pasta dish baked in a dish with butterfish and a cheesy sauce at the ramada bintang about 12 years ago.

the calamari at waterbom, so cheap yet tender and tasty.

i could go on and on

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,814 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

Personally I do look forward to a good mie goreng, an excellent fried noodle dish, not unlike a chow mein or yaki soba, which is good for breakfast or lunch. Not strictly speaking Balinese though.

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

how could i forget the mutton frankies at queens tandoor?? they also do a butter chicken that is lovely.

i used to love the coconut icecream in cones that you used to get at a few of the hotels along the beachfont in nusa dua and tuban, havent seen it in years.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

The mesclun salad at Potato Head or the strawberry salad at Bubba Gumps.

I know it's wierd having salad as a favorite but I have never hassle anything like it before and they were my fave meals for my last trip.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

I'm with Happynoodleboy

I just live Mie Goreng.

It's a bit of a family joke now due to how often I order it.

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
93 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

The chicken satay just about anywhere - love love love them! And the peanut sauce that goes with them. :)

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

yes, the chicken and pork satay are usually good in bali, its the sauce, super peanutty.

i miss the warm bowl of nuts that you always used to get when you ordered a drink in bali.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

I'm really into trying the local food but shamefully super excited about the fact that there is a bubba gumps, thanks Ames2510!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite food or meal Bali?

I can't enjoy seafood as I have an allergy, but I still insist on bubba gumps because their ribs and salad are the best.

My partner loves Bali because he can eat seafood with every meal. It's a special treat ahahaha.