We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

New Zealand
Level Contributor
437 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

I really enjoyed reading your blog, and particularly loved your photos. You look like you had a fantastic family holiday. I am thinking about doing the quad biking/ canyon tubing tour with my children when we go in Sept or January. What company did you go with? Did you think it was safe for the children? We went white water rafting ( on the iver with the 4m drop) but was a bit concerned about the canyon tubing as the kids would be in rafts by themselves. My children are older than yours ( youngest will be 11) and very good swimmers, but was worried about the rapids being really rough.Thanks again for your JBR.

sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

lovely JBR thanks for posting and the photos were great.The rafting sounds great where did u book and how much? Our fav place in Bali is Ubud bring on August!!! cheers

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Great blog Buster and love the photos! Many thanks for posting:)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

great jbr thanks - love the pics - also would love to know the company you used for the rafting & quad biking & what ages of kids you'd recommend as safe to go...& how much did you pay roughly? thanks very much

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Loved the photo's. The rafting and buggys look like fun & I too would love to know who you booked through. Thanks for a great JBR. :)

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
500 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Great read!

We were away May/June for 4 weeks & I still haven't had time to do a JBR let alone a blog with photos. Impressive.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Great blog, you did well.

I tried travelpod and couldn't get it to post photos where I wanted which is why I switched to blogspot. Yours fit so well.

Thanks Lee

Edited: 16 July 2012, 15:10
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Bali Canyon Tubing is who does the buggy and canyon tubing and it is a great day. It is very safe for children and for littlies they can go on your lap as the water never gets deep. Best bit is no stairs. Pricing is on their site, but I have to say it is twice what we paid when we went when they first opened.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Great blog Buster,thanks for sharing your trip.Love your photos.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My first JBR. Ubud & Sanur 30/6 - 14/7

Thanks everyone.

As BrisbaneLizzy says, we used Bali Canyon Tubing for the quadbike/tubing adventure. We paid approx. USD $456 for 2 adults, 2 children, for both activities, including lunch.

The canyon tubing is very safe, with the water not being deeper than 1 metre. I don't know if the water level would be deeper in January (rainy season?). Our boys aged 7 & 5 had a blast. The 5 year old started off with his brother, got a little bit scared, then joined his father for the rest of the course. The 7 year old was fine by himself, not scared at all.

In my opinion, a must do for families with children too young to go white water rafting.

We just booked it through our villa. They phoned the company and got a price for us.