We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Hello,

I have been planning for this trip since September last year (more like I have booked this trip through AirAsia promo last September), and somehow I feel that I can't make the itinerary perfect! Would appreciate your help in giving me some suggestions and tips that I can improve on.

Sat 28th July:

Arrive DPS Airport at 1445, airport pickup by Kasa from Drivers with Distinction.

Will skip hotel check-in (worried about spending too much time traveling due to the traffic), lunch somewhere, South Bali tour: Padang Padang beach, Dreamland beach, Uluwatu Temple and Kecak dance. Where should we visit after this? We are staying in Adi Dharma hotel in Legian, I was thinking of having dinner at Seminyak, or should I just return to the hotel?

Sunday 29th July:

Full day tour of central Bali. Kintamani volcano, Tegalalang Rice Terrace, lunch at Ubud, Ubud, Tanah Lot temple for sunset.

Monday 30th July:

White water rafting, followed by spa at Bali Green Spa. Dinner and Watch sunset at Kuta, the rest of the night to explore Kuta and around Adi Dharma hotel.

Tuesday 31st July:

last minute shopping and explore area around hotel before flight at 1pm.

Some questions: Do you think our itinerary is too packed, with white water rafting and spa? Our spa treatment is 2.5 hours, so I was thinking if I should schedule it on Day 2 after Tanah Lot temple and before dinner (which means dinner will be at 10pm!), or on Day 3 after white water rafting and before sunset, or Day 3 after sunset. My boyfriend and I hope not to rush through the activities, and if really necessary, we may just remove white water rafting from our itinerary.

Any idea what time white water rafting will end, and where can we slot in shopping? Seems like 4 days is not enough :(

Do hope to get some suggestions from you all, thank you in advance!

ACT australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Hi,

I am not much help, have never been yet, seems like a very busy, fun few days you have planned!

But I have a question for you - I like the sound of the full day tour you mentioned, is this something you have prebooked and if so, who did you book it through? Seems to cover everything id like to see in a day tour.

There is so much to do there, im sure you'll have a great time and be inspired to make a return trip!!!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

I think you would get better value for money out of doing a cycle tour on the Sunday before you do Tanah Lot. A cycle tour starts with breakfast at Kintamani, then a visit to a nearby coffee/fruit plantation, a short drive to the tour start, then you hop on your bicycle and travel down smaller, less used roads. Down being the important word. You hardly have to pedal, it is all down hill. It is a lovely way to see the country. You stop off at a rice paddy, wood carver, a family compound, and it is finished off with a lovely buffet meal. All bike tours offer the same package pretty much, so with us, it usually comes down to price and availability as to who to book. Same with your whitewater rafting. A good guide will give you a great insight into local culture and custom and it is a fun, relaxed way of traveling. You should be able to book a cycle tour when you arrive and have it available the next morning. There are about 5 main companies, so you're sure to find a spot with one of them. The tour finishes at lunch, which gives you a couple of hours to explore Ubud, before traveling to Tanah Lot.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 00:47
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Also, white water rafting will end at lunch. Return to Kuta @3pm. As with the cycle tour, most companies have the same itinerary. Early pick up, drive up the mountain, float down, walk up a thousand steps, have lunch, bus home. As the "better" river (Agung) is in the North East of the Island, travel time is your enemy here. Also, the rafting is quite tame, some may even say lame. The only excitement is the drop off a cement weir at the end. But being cement, there is minimal danger, as the drop is constant, ie; it never changes. Most of the other rapids are just little slippery dips.

If I were to free up up some time on your itinerary, the rafting would be first to go, HOWEVER,

If you've never been white water rafting before, not a strong swimmer, or both, it is a very good, safe, initiation into rafting. It is beautiful scenery also.

A good replacement may be a cooking class in Ubud. Early pickup, market tour, back to family compound to make offerings, grind coffee, then cook the food you just bought, and best of all eating the feast for lunch. Also a great cultural insight. We did Payuk Bali last year and Ketut and his family were brilliant. This could be a replacement option too, for the bicycle tour if you don't like riding. Payuk is not just a cooking class, it is a cultural tour also, and instead of getting your free transport back to Kuta, get Ketut to drop you in Ubud, and for 150,000Rp, you should be able to pick up a driver who will take you to Tanah Lot and back to Kuta.

Worth a thought.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

a couple of things concern me.

On your last day.....if your flight is at 1pm then you would need to be at the airport for around 10am / 10.30am .

That doesnt give you alot of time for last minute shopping and exploring around the hotel.

There is a shop on the way to the airport near supernova (driver should know it) that just sells souvineres. Another one nearby near the Kuta art markets the same. They are both quite close to the airport and certainly in that direction and there will be no traffic jams at that time of morning.

I would just explore the hotel area after an early breakfast if you wanted to and then stop at one of those.

The other thing being that its probably a good idea to check in to hotel on your first day....before dinner. It is easy enough to get up to Seminyak from your hotel so I would check in and then freshen up and head up to dinner.

If you have a particular restaurant in mind and it is popular then you may want to book via email now.

I agree with doing the bike ride as that starts at Kintamani and its great fun. However if riding a bike is not your cup of tea then your plans sound good for that day.

You could always do Seminyak for dinner after sunset as you will drive through from Tanah lot....and just stay in the area of your hotel the first night.....spending some time shopping too as street markets surround you and Mataharis department store closes at 10pm..

As white water rafting interests you and it is half a day, I see no reason to cancel it. Then go enjoy the spa afterwards.

Another place to go for fixed price shopping is Biarritz, you can stop there on the way home from rafting.

http://www.biarritzhandicraft.com/

Edited: 25 July 2012, 01:30
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,422 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Day 1. If your flight is in on time 2.45pm, with luck you will be out of the terminal by 3.15pm. The Kecak dance starts at 6pm so you should plan to be at Uluwatu Temple around 5pm so you have time to look around and then get a good seat. This probably gives you time to visit one of the beaches on the way and have a bite to eat. After the Kecak dance I would go to Legian, check in at your hotel, freshen up and then eat around Adi Dharma area.

Day 2. Your full day tour is fine but if you want to be at Tanah Lot for the sunset, you are going to have a very slow trip back to Seminyak with the heavy traffic. As you will have had the sunset experience at Uluwatu, I would try and get out of Tanah Lot before the crowds arrive. Dinner at Seminyak, then get the driver to stop at Bintang Supermarket on the way back to the hotel. You will be surprised what you can pick up there.

Day 3. You will get picked up for White Water Rafting around 8am and brought back to your hotel after lunch around 3pm. Most of the white water rafting tours include lunch. See if the driver will drop you off at Bali Green Spa for your 2.5hr treatment. After that, grab a taxi to Kuta Square to shop at Matahari/Kuta Art Market etc. You could have your dinner in this area or catch a taxi to one of the restaurants on Jl Double Six Beach, stopping to drop off your shopping on the way.

Day 4. As PLTT said, you will need to be at the airport around 10am-10.30am so will have to check out of your hotel around the 9.30am time. Most shops are not open at that time, so would not leave shopping till the last minute. Have a nice breakfast, pack up, and have a walk around the area if time permits.

Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Thank you so much for all your input! I will revise my itinerary and put it up again for review. Just 3 more days!

1 more question: I wont be hiring a driver on my last day, will just probably cab to the airport. What time shoud I leave my hotel in Legian, and what is the price I should be paying? Is it hard to get a taxi at 9or 10ish?

and since there is no driver, guess we will be heading straight to the airport and will have to settle with shopping around my hotel area then.

Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

Hi weesy, I booked a driver from Drivers with Distinction, you can look at the list of drivers on the right panel. you can then discuss with the driver the places you like to visit, they are flexible :)

8. Re: Please help to review my itinerary. Flying on 28th!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:17