We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

babi guling for two people legian area?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
babi guling for two people legian area?

so ive asked at a couple of restaurants about trying this speciality.... So far everyone has told me i need to order a whole pig. any ideas on where around legian area or a few dollars cab ride we can try this and just order per serve?

1. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 July 2012, 10:59
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

A lot of Australian operated restaurants don't actually do the authentic babi guling, they cook a whole pig western style with roast vege. It is a nice pork roast but if you want to try the special spiced and stuffed dish have a look at this blog.

travelfish.org/blogs/…

Sunny Coast...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

My favourite place for babi guling is in Sanur opposite McDonalds. Catch a taxi there and give it a try. Traditional Balinese babi guling yum!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
566 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

Agree with Shinee Sanur Babi Guling opposite Arenas on the by-Pass road is the best. Most Taxi drivers know it as most of them would have eaten here, that is of course they are Hindu not Muslim.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

Although I haven't tried it, I have heard that Pak Malen's in Seminyak is quite good. Whilst walking past in June I heard very favourable comments from people who had just eaten there. Just don't expect anything fancy:)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
843 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

thanks everyone... Finally got my babi guling today. Just told my driver to take me to one of the suggested places. We were going to Ubud for jewelry class so we went to the famous babi guling warung in ubud. 30k each for the special. Very tasty, good size serve and at 1pm looked like they were running out of the 2nd pig. At least 60 people eating their whilst we were. Once you get up, someone jumps straight into your spot. Well worth it!

7. Re: babi guling for two people legian area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:18