We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali with Teens... where to stay

australia
Level Contributor
162 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bali with Teens... where to stay

We are taking our two teenagers (12 and 14) to Bali for the first time at Christmas and were thinking of staying at Sanur Beach Resort. We want to be able to spend time as a family without the rabble of Kuta but also have the option of going to Kuta and shopping and doing the water bom park. I understand there is a shuttle service. We also want to do some day trips to Ubud, rafting, monkey forrest. My biggest worry is will the kids be bored to tears at this hotel,. They like to swim, shop and eat. I like to shop eat and take photos!

Thanks

Natalie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali with Teens... where to stay

Hi ya, we just returned yesterday and have 12yr and 15yr boys. We broke our stay up with 2 nights at Mara River at safari park (but one night would have been enough) and on the way back from there (near Ubud) our driver stopped and boys did white water rafting and I had a 1 1/2 hr massage while I waited for them. So they were well occupied at safari park and then WWR and then we went back to stay at Nusa Dua so they could do the water sports over a few days. The water sports is mostly based down Benoa end so find hotel down that end. By the time we did waterbom park as well as some shopping n chill out time they were well occupied. There is also snorkelling from a day trip boat tour or underwater ocean viewing and of course the highlight of our trip was the swimming with Dolphins which any teen would love and its only 3 - 4 hrs less than 1/2 a day and near Sanur. I found lots to do for teens in Bali which is why i love it just need the $$ to spend on diff stuff... as always teens cost more !!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali with Teens... where to stay

Your kids will love Sanur and so will you.Sanur is a great spot for that family holiday,lots of great restaurants,shops and market stalls.The pool at the Sanur Beach Hotel is huge you will all have a lovely time.

Buninyong, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali with Teens... where to stay

Our 2 eldest are teens and enjoyed both slow and "crazy" Bali. Its great to let them see a bit of both. Try heading north to Pandang Bai and stay at Bloo Lagoon for a few days. The villas are self contained and the staff are genuinely helpful - The village is less hectic than Kuta etc. You can snorkel, massage, wander about eating or take a cruise to Gillis, Lombok as Padang Bai is a port, From here we went to Gili Trawangan to really slow down, surf, snorkel. Last leg was Sanur at the Bali Emerald Villas. A glam last few days at a really good price via Wotif.com. All our children made good attempts at speaking Bahasa Indonesian which is well received by the Balinese.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali with Teens... where to stay

my children love sanur (ages 8 - 24). This is their favourite part of bali to stay. They are never bored and hate it when it is time to leave. The path along the beach is excellent for walking and bike riding. There are also all sorts of water sports. With a good pool and the beach front location of many hotels and numerous restaurants and shops to stroll to your kids won't get bored. Taxis are very cheap and getting to kuta is easy. Hire yourself a driver for day trips, (check the list we have compiled on the right hand side of this page).

Sanur beach hotel, the mercure, puri santrian, griya santrian and the bali hyatt are all good options for families.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali with Teens... where to stay

Just back from 3 weeks in Bali with our 2 sons aged 12 and 15( his birthday was our last day). This is their 4 th trip to ball and we find they like to move around so we usually stay 3-5 nights in different areas. Their favorite places would be the beaches - Canggu and Padang Padang ( they like to surf) but they also like Ubud where we usually do a bike trip, white water rafting and this trip we did the high ropes course at tree tops adventure park . They want to do them all again. They have stayed in Sanur and liked being able to cycle around but if we stay too long in one place they get bored. They also liked Nusa Lembogan. They like to visit Kuta for shopping and waterbom park for a day but we don't stay in Kuta itself . Actually they love shopping in Kuta so we do end up there for a few 1/2 days. Their favorite restaurant is Poppies1 in Kuta. I think Bali is a great place for teenagers as there is always so much to see and do.

6. Re: Bali with Teens... where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:16